PDA

View Full Version : New Peacock owner questions....

JD8
10/10/2005, 10:24 PM
First of all I'd like to know how to sex these guys. Second what does everyone feed their smashers in terms of live food to keep them smashing? Are there any suitable tankmates? Fish, Stars, corals etc?

kharn101
10/11/2005, 06:24 AM
i already asked these questions here are the links to people who responded..
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=684740

kharn101
10/11/2005, 06:27 AM
the first one is for the live food...and i just asked the question about clown fish and a mantis shrimp...one guy has a a clown and a mantis shrimp in the same tank...he suggested getting an aggresive species, such as a maroon,clarki ect..it also depends on they type of personality of you mantis shrimp...one guy had a mantis shrimp that attacked everthing..i would put a small damsel to test it out before you put any tank mates in....just my two cents..

JD8
10/11/2005, 09:10 AM
So it's possible to pair up certain fish... got it. Probably gonna try a star and some corals. However, can anyone help me with my initial question?

rwhhunt
10/11/2005, 08:56 PM
generally: tan exterior shell: female,
green exterior shell: male.
or you can look inbetween their last set of legs before the lobster tail and see if you can find these two little (mini) legs, if you see them, you have succesfully found your mantis' genitalia... I am sure you can extrapolate the sex at this point!