PDA

View Full Version : Say hello to Wilma, ties the record!!

liverock
10/17/2005, 05:54 AM
Here we go again, but this tropical storm ties the record for the most storms in one year in the history of meteorology in Florida.

She is a tropical storm now, predicted to be a hurricane as soon as it enters the gulf, and the computer projections have it headed straight towards Tampa, and us.

This may not be all bad news as she may stir the Gulf up enough to lessen the impact of red tide in the Gulf.

It also appears that red tide has eliminated the stone crab industry off of our coast as yesterday was the first day of the season and no crabs were caught in the dead zone off the coast.

The only crabs caught were from Crystal River to the north about 60 miles and in Collier county south of Naples about 125 miles away from us, so the dead zone of the Gulf is huge and continues to be lifeless.

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/float-ir4-loop.html

TBS

jeffbrig
10/19/2005, 06:42 AM
Here we go again......:eek2: :eek1:

liverock
10/19/2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by jeffbrig
Here we go again......:eek2: :eek1:

Yup

real bad news....from a tropical storm yesterday to a Category 5 overnight!!

Plus the lowest pressure every recorded in HISTORY this morning in the eye of the storm.

175 miles an hour winds, stronger than Katrina and the projected path right now is a south Florida west coast hit, like around Naples, like those poor folks need another storm after getting four last year.

The low pressure is the real scary part, means the most intense storm in history.

Anybody in the path of this storm better be ready to evacuate fast, as it is moving fast and there will be gridlock like what happened in New Orleans and Houston.

People you need to be prepared for weeks without power, and at least a few days without any assistance, as this is a real bad storm and if it hits a populated area there is going to be huge damage.

All we can do is hope for the best for those that are going to be affected.

TBS

Jocko
10/19/2005, 09:48 AM
So does this mean you don't expect to get hit as hard in Tampa? Regardless, I wish you and everyone else in the path of that storm the best of luck. Stay safe!

docklink
10/19/2005, 01:15 PM
I was just looking at the NOAA link. I've never seen a picture on there with that much red in it. That's scary. Glad I'm out here on the Left coast. You'll all be in my prayers.