PDA

View Full Version : Sos!!!!

cajun coralman
10/18/2005, 02:58 PM
Ok, I got home about an hour ago, and I noticed my tank was somewhat cloudy. When I opened my stand, I found that the skimmer was overflowing and there were bubles all over the sump! THEN, I noticed that all of the C. racemosa was like all limp and just dead looking!!! What is going on and What should I do???

moosejac
10/18/2005, 05:39 PM
Its going sexual... pull out all the limp stuff, and a small water change wouldn't hurt. In the future, you can help prevent it from doing that by running the light on the fuge 24/7.

Samala
10/18/2005, 06:50 PM
ACk!! As Moose says, pull out all the limp and whitish leftovers of the Caulerpa.. keep your skimmer cup cleaned out, it may run kind of crazy for the next few days. You've probably already done a WC and such so far, yes?

Sorry that you had it crash on you. These kind of events are such a pain! You can keep the risk of this happening again low by being religious about pruning and the light trick Moose suggested. If you werent before, a little bit of iron dosing has been rumored to help keep these events to a minimum.

I hope all your fish/corals are ok!
>Sarah

cajun coralman
10/19/2005, 02:36 PM
thanx very much.. The event actually happened in my main tank and all I had in there were some zooanthids and a couple other corals.. they're fine.. My fuge is fine too! Yea I just freaked out I thought it was going to just die!! but it looks much better today.

Thanx again and It looks much better since I did the things suggested!

Mihai
10/25/2005, 10:10 AM
Let me tell you what keeps those events to a minimum: HAVING NO CALUERPA. Use chaeto instead!

M.