PDA

View Full Version : Good or Bad

iPEProjects.com
03/07/2002, 07:41 PM
I purchased some live rock from Tampa Bay Saltwater about a month ago and I have been seeing an increased number in mantis. They are not the ones people are buying but almos look like the little brine shrimp you can buy in stores.

My question is this: Should I try and destroy all of them or are they not too harmful to my tank?

I have seen a total of at least 30 but they are all under 1in and many are smaller than 1cm.

I am also looking for a method. Right now, I am trying the 20oz bottle cut in half so the bottle neck is in the bottom part with some food in the bottom.

Info is greatly appreciated.

Kevin Buch
www.iPEProjects.com

Shia
03/07/2002, 07:48 PM
I would more than happy to take the some mantises off your hands. I could also pay you for some of them. If you agree shipping would not be necessary seeing as I can drive up to Chicago. Anyway if you want to add fish into your tank that I would not recommened leaving the mantis, but if are going to have muchrooms and such than they really can't hurt.

Gonodactylus
03/07/2002, 08:47 PM
This seems like an unusally high densities of recruits for stomatopods. I doubt that they are Neogonodactylus, although I could be very wrong. If you can send an image or a preserve beast, I would be happy to try to verify that these are stomaotpods.

Roy