PDA

View Full Version : beeping from controller

peterlin98
10/24/2005, 01:47 PM
Occassionally I am hearing short beeping noise from either the multicontroller or the wavebox controller. There is no pattern to this noise. I have cleaned the pumps so not sure what else would cause this. Any suggestion please?

rvitko
10/24/2005, 05:01 PM
The drivers make the noise, they come from the pumps being obstructed or fouled in some way. Most people overlook, the hole in the magnet and the upper bearing, which should always be free of the magnet and not attached by calcium.

peterlin98
10/24/2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks Roger. Not sure what you meant by upper bearing. But I will go back and clean the pumps more thoroughly this time. I usually take the propeller magnet off, and stick a toothbrush inside to clean it the best I could.

I have the older controller. But I don't think the newer controller has this feature either. It would be great to know which one makes the noise. It's hard to troubleshoot with 5 pumps/drivers, especially the beep comes and goes. It could be hours before the noise beep again. If only the controller has a way to indicating which pump to check.

Aquadepot
10/25/2005, 08:40 AM
The upper bearing sits behind the magnet shaft (at the bottom where you put the toothbrush for cleaning) and needs to be removed and cleaned to allow water flow. Check your instructions for info on removing this part.

rvitko
10/27/2005, 09:50 AM
No controller makes this noise. Any driver labeled 7240.26 or 7240.27 (blue or silver box) makes this noise.

peterlin98
10/27/2005, 10:04 AM
Thank you Aquadepot and Roger. I identified the driver to Stream 6100 that occasionally makes the beep. I clean the pump thoroughly - remove the propeller - refer to the book to make sure the two small holes under the propeller are open. Since then (yesterday) I have not heard any more beep.

Roger - I have a different question but related to stream pump. I have 7094 Multi-controller. Is there a setting to have random pump on and off? I have 4x6100 stream connected to the controller. It would be great to have any 1-4 pump on at random. Does the new Multi-controller offer this feature?

rvitko
10/27/2005, 10:22 AM
The closest to this feature on both controllers is to use sequence and set different powers for pulsing and then the pump will come on sometimes at the top setting or the bottom but they come on sequentially.