PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Light Variation

wrz0170
10/26/2005, 05:26 AM
Hey everyone!

I have the ACII and trying to use the seasonal light variation program. I'm having some difficulty. It seems no matter what coordinates I put in, I am not getting the desired combination. Either LT2 would on with LT1 off or both lights would be on at odd hours.

Just for a base line, I will use the basic lat/long of where I live.
I think it is 040 lat/-075 lon. Give or take. It will be Eastern Pennsylvania.

So should the program go like this?

If Sun 040/-075
Then LT1* ON

If Sun 040/-075
Then LT1* ON

If Sun 040/-075
Then LT2* ON

If Sun 040/-075
Then LT2* ON

Thing is, both lights would be on at 5:30am and sunrise is not until 7:25am for this time in October.

Please help me in what I am doing wrong. Thanks!

clp
10/26/2005, 11:49 AM
Not sure why you want to simulate a reef based on the conditions in Penn. Not any natural reefs that far North. :-).
The AquaController does not adjust for DST, and that is why you are seeing a time difference.
For AquaNotes support, please send an email to [email protected], and include your name and the 12 digit authorization code found in the help->about AquaNotes window.

Curt

wrz0170
10/26/2005, 02:36 PM
Hi Curt,

I was using Pennsylvania as a base line. I am going to adjust it once I became familiar with how the variation programming worked.

Unfortunately, I do not have Aquanotes (yet), so I was programming via control head only on my ACII.

I guess the perplexing part was that even for that base line, I had both lights on at 5:30 in the morning and last night before bed, only LT2 would be on and that was around 9:30pm.

I went back to make sure my program names were correct. LT1 on A01 and LT2 on A02. I have a DC8 and ensured that the dip switches were correct. I have them all on "off" for the A1-8. channels. At least I think these are the settings that I should have.

Am I using the correct lat/lon format for the variation program?

Thanks!

clp
10/26/2005, 05:24 PM
The numbers in the sun statement are not lat/lon; they are offsets in minutes of the internal seasonal rise/set times. See the table in the manual for the target rise/set times for the month of Oct, and then add/subtract the offset to get the time your light will come on.

Curt

wrz0170
10/26/2005, 06:01 PM
doh! thanks Curt..........I guess we found the error :rolleyes: me! LOL

Thanks again!