PDA

View Full Version : Can't modify program

gotfrogs
11/02/2005, 09:03 PM
Hello,
For some reason I can't modify my ACII program! I have tried deleting items and programs, both on the unit and through Aquanotes with no luck. The unit is working and the self test passes but no dice on changing things? What should I do?

clp
11/03/2005, 10:40 AM
Power cycle your controller (remove the 9V battery and unplug the AC adapter at the same time), and then you will be able to make changes. You'll only have to set the time after the power cycle. The configuration settings will be unchanged.

Curt

gotfrogs
11/03/2005, 07:29 PM
Thanks Curt, that worked for me!

misereef
11/16/2005, 06:52 PM
Why dose this happen? I just tried to access mine to change some times, and I have to power cycle again??? What causes this?

Frogbone
11/17/2005, 09:18 AM
I have a similar problem right now. I can't add a timer name on my ACII. There are currently 11 timers used. What is the max timers on the ACII.

clp
11/17/2005, 11:14 AM
Writes to the non-volatile memory are blocked if the controller ever detects an internal inconsistency. The internal problem most likely resulted from a power spike. Make sure that the AquaController's power cord is plugged into a surge protected power strip. Ideally plug the AquaController AC adapter into a different circuit then your pumps, chillers, or other switching inductivity loads. When an inductive load turns off it can emit a voltage spike of several thousand volts. The AC2 has a max of 20 timer names.

Curt

Frogbone
11/17/2005, 11:47 AM
My ACII is plugged into a UPS ;)

misereef
11/17/2005, 07:13 PM
Same here UPS, and battery backup transformer on othr phase of ac.