PDA

View Full Version : Two Jr.s fight each other?

PrivateJoker64
11/04/2005, 07:01 PM
Hi,
I have a Jr. on my 65 that has been working great since I got it months ago. I recently set up a 90 and got another Jr. to use on it.
The one on the 65 is using the "A's" and I have the new one using the "C's" on the modules. The problem is that on the new one, the lights and pumps will sporadically kick off and on for no apparent reason. Sometimes they stay off just a second, sometimes several minutes. I haven't noticed problems with the 65, but to be honest, I haven't paid it that much attention either.
Is it possible that the two Jr.'s are interfering with one another? If so, how do I correct it?
Thanks.

clp
11/05/2005, 11:45 PM
If you are use Direct Connect boxes then there are no interference issues. I suspect that you are using X10, however, and with two X10 masters there is the chance of simultaneous transmission and signal corrupt. There are two possible solutions for this:
- Use direct connect boxes on one of your AquaControllers.
- Or create an 'island' of power with an X10 noise filter (noise filter into wall outlet, power strip into noise filter, and then control modules and control interfaces into power strip). The noise filter prevents X10 signals from entering or leave in the island of power. Be sure to get an X10 noise filter that can handle all the power/current required.

Curt