PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, I think the JR is the best purchase I made

WarDaddy
11/05/2005, 09:43 AM
I have ony had it running for 12 hours, but MAN is it sweet.

I have it set to simulate the naturl light, using sun rise, and using th emoon setting to have the moon cycle. At this time I am not using a dimmer on the moon, but will think about it.

I can not believe how simple it was to set up, I even have options programmed that i wil be putting in place later this year.

Very cool product. Now If I could only get a second DC8 for $75. The $175 price on that thing is way over the top IMHO.

tigerarmy40
11/05/2005, 09:51 AM
do you have a link for where you got it?

WarDaddy
11/05/2005, 11:21 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=696474&highlight=neptune

It is a group buy for RC. The price is great. Be sure to add the DC8 for $75!

raddogz
11/06/2005, 02:31 AM
I haven't set mine up yet (I just got it on yesterday), and was playing around with it. It's pretty intuitive. Now I just have to save up for the next model up (AC2 or AC3) for my tank upgrade and I'll be set.

Sparkss
11/09/2005, 01:56 AM
They are easy to set up and a great starting point :). I bought our jr/dc8 combo a month or so back, so we would be positioned to move to the III pro (when finances allowed). The only complaint about the JR is that it is a couple of outlets shy of what I need :( But it does a great job (and my regular timers pick u the slack ^_^)