PDA

View Full Version : Tunze magnet question

johns
11/10/2005, 08:51 AM
There doesn't appear to be anything that physically holds the magnet and the stream together as a single unit. I understand there is the bracket that slides on the magnet and another bracket on the stream that slips over this one.

If you hold onto the magnet, the whole thing stays together. But if you hold onto the stream itself, the weight of the magnet can (and has) caused it to slip away and fall to the bottom of the tank.

Understand that this is just an issue when moving/positioning the stream. If you pull the whole thing away from the tank glass holding onto the stream only, the magnet can slip down and fall.

I see there are some screws, but none seem to be the right size to hold the 2 together through the bracket. The head of the screws are smaller than the opening of the hole in the bracket, so it seems the screws will slip right through.

rvitko
11/10/2005, 10:05 AM
Their is no way to secure it beyond this. It was designed so the pumps could be removed easily for service.

johns
11/10/2005, 10:08 AM
OK. Just checking to make sure I got it all right.

Pumps are definitely easily removed.

rvitko
11/10/2005, 10:13 AM
In general I would just mount the holder and then slide the pump on.

johns
11/10/2005, 10:31 AM
That's the easy part. My problem came up when I decided to move it. Grabbed the whole thing off the tank wall, then grabbed the stream and let go of the magnet. Smash! (another coral fragging tool :)) Those magnets are heavy.

Not trying to make a big deal of this. I'll get used to it.