PDA

View Full Version : Calculating wave height - wavebox

Keith_Man
12/01/2005, 08:38 AM
Hi Rodger,

I was just wonder how you calculate the wave height with a wave box? What wave height should expect to see in a 55"x 40" x 24" (LxWxH) with a wavebox + extension?

Also, as a general note, would you get more of a wave when using two boxes as opposed to just one? or is the wave determined by the size of the tank?

Thanks in advance

Keith

rvitko
12/01/2005, 10:33 AM
Two would give more of a wave, I really have no formula to calculate wave height, I don't know that their is a simple one for a non physicist. I guestimate based on charts I have and personal experience. I would have no way to predict wave height for your tank as it is way out of the realm of my charts or experience. Long narrow tanks work the best, a very wide tank that is short will likely give a short wave, maybe 1/2", an extension would likely be necessary to get a real good effect.

Keith_Man
12/01/2005, 10:43 AM
Thanks Roger! Is there any chance that I can find a copy of that chart? is it on the Tunze website?

rvitko
12/01/2005, 10:54 AM
No, it was from an R and D seminar, I took notes, it is just hand written notes from the briefing by one of the inventors ,Claude Hug of Tunze France. He is a retired EE and may be able to provide the formula for such a calculation, he speaks some English but if you can speak French or German you are home free.