PDA

View Full Version : co2 injection

thousandgrand
03/20/2002, 02:12 PM
hey aquatek,
i was wondering what i need to do next. i got a 55 gallon cube with a 250 watt hylide light. i have a large amount of plants and some discus. i wanted to put some co2 in there so i can see the bubbles coming off the plants. where should i start?

rvitko
03/20/2002, 06:44 PM
Well, CO2 injection doesn't always result in Oxygen saturation bubbles but it will improve plant growth when all other parameteres are optimal. I really like the Tunze regulator the most of any I have used. It is a piece meal system however and you will have to aquire a reactor , bottle and lines check valves to have a complete set. For complete sets I have found the Dupla units work well and are inexpensive but the regulator is definitely a no frills system without any gauges, they are optional. I could also suggest the Carbo Plus system which uses a carbon bar to produce CO2 it is a little bit more to maintain but cheap to get into and it works quite well. It is also nice to be able to just plug into a timer rather than add the expense of a solenoid to automate its operation.