PDA

View Full Version : Turbelle Parts

Paul79936
12/17/2005, 11:02 PM
Does anyone know where to get parts for these things?

I bought a pair of Turbelle pumps only to find out that the screw that holds the propellor on is incredibly fragile (or maybe mine had a flaw in it).

So no problem. I just go to the web site where I bought it and buy a replacement part. So I get it and it and there it no way to attach the propeller.

Apparently someone at Tunze thought it would be a good practical joke to name all their power heads "Turbelle". Kind of like Ford deciding to call every vehicle it makes a Mustang. It turns out that this is for a "Classic Turbelle" apparently it is the 1970s style non-submersible powerhead. Or maybe the submersible type. I don't know, they are all "Turbelles". Apparently, while these drive units are very common in Europe and Australia, no one carries them in North America.

So why are these things so impossible to get?

What kind or glue or epoxy will work to attach the propeller to this drive unit?

rvitko
12/18/2005, 10:24 AM
We sell parts direct, you just need to give me a call, all the part numbers are in your manual and any dealer could arrange to get them, you can also find them on Tunze.com. Marine Depot stocks and lists the most popular parts in their catalog. We have pretty much every single part in stock 512-833-7546. In fact, as I recall, I tried several times to call you about your order, left a message on your cell phone so we could discuss it and be sure we got you the right parts and then in a good faith effort to get you taken care of when I couldn't reach you, sent you a screw at no charge.

Turbelle is our brand name, just like Powerhead is Hagens brand name for circulation pumps.

Paul79936
12/20/2005, 10:26 AM
Thanks, but I think you have me confused with someone else. I don't think you or Marine Depot have my cell phone number.

MD says that they will special order the part but I will give you a call if that falls through.

I am surprised that these parts seem common and widely available in Europe and Australia but seem in short supply here.

rvitko
12/20/2005, 10:43 AM
I stock them all here, unfortunately in the US, companies base stocking on turnover, if it doesn't turn and parts don't in volume, they don't stock it. You also have to add that businesses pay property tax on inventory in most states, I know some of the parts I have here the demand is so slim that what ever profit potential they had was lost 2 times over because they have sat here and had taxes paid on them repeatedly. I am sorry for the confusion but I do sell parts direct and I am always willing to help. I have just about every spare part Tunze offers.