03/22/2002, 06:23 AM
just what it says on the box.......

bimac first

OctoMonkey
03/22/2002, 06:25 AM
and briareus........

cephalopoder
03/22/2002, 07:23 PM
Hmmm strange color for a bimac. Yours seems to have ared tint to it. Here is a pic of my bimac when it was a baby.

Rudiger
03/22/2002, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by cephalopoder
Hmmm strange color for a bimac. Yours seems to have ared tint to it.
Uhm... dont they change color...? :D

cephalopoder
03/22/2002, 08:11 PM
To some degree yes. It depends on the octo. Some species can change colors better than others. Bimacs have less ability to change colors compaired to a O.cyanea. Im just praying Colin didn't beat me to a O.cyanea be getting a baby lol.
My macropus was red most of the time. My mimic is white and brown most of the time. The mimic has no real color change ability. In nature the mimic relies on pretending to be something else other than a octopus. Species that are poisonous do not need excellent camo either. The day active species depend on blending in. Bimacs can blend in well and have a decent texture change ability. The cyanea... takes the cake.
chris

Rudiger
03/22/2002, 08:41 PM
ya your right now that I think about it. My octo only changed between all white, white with red/brown spots, and mostly brown.

OctoMonkey
03/23/2002, 10:50 AM
Hey Chris,

that is a pretty crappy pic i posted of the bimac. I havnt had the opportunity to catch it properly yet. I would describe the colours as being mostly grey, sometimes reddish and with peachy suckers. I have seen whitish marks too. It deffinetly has eye spots but the blue is hard to make out at all. I am pretty sure it is a bimac from other pics i have seen of them but then again...... none of my octos have been what they were supposed to be! :)

I will post some new pics soon enough of bimac and you can see what you think but i reckon the cyanea challenge is still on

:D