PDA

View Full Version : problem with dc8 turning off/on unschedule

xinumaster
12/26/2005, 02:04 PM
bougth a DC8 that came with acjr notice taht when MH on A03 turns off the PC light on A01 also turns off momentarily turn PC turns back on again after about 1 to 5 minutes.

Decided to sell the acjr and bought a unused acpro from a co-reefer but I keep the DC8 that I have from acjr. I notice that the light will not turn off or on as scheduled. Sometime I could manuall turn off or on the lights from the control status menu and sometimes not. If I cannot turn on the lights manually I sometimes scrolling thru the timer program when I passed the "IF" statement to turn on the light it will turn on if it is on set on the schedule to turn on.

I find this $800 system so unrealiable. I think if I'm going to a long vacation I would temporary switch back to a more realiable $5 wallmart timer.

clp
12/26/2005, 11:10 PM
Please give me a call tomorrow (408-578-3022) when you are in front of your controller, and I'll go over your configuration with you.

Curt

xinumaster
12/27/2005, 03:18 AM
thanks clp.

xinumaster
12/27/2005, 01:48 PM
Tried Curt's suggestion of power cycle the DC8 and controller. I can now consistently turn off and on manually the lights connected to DC8. But will see tonight if it will turn off the MH on A03 only as programmed without turning off the PC on A01 light too.

I also notice before I power cycled the system my temp reading fluctuates alot from 66 to 89F it has a new temp probe. I'm too worried now to install my new ORP and pH probe cause I know temp reading will affect the pH reading if temp compensation is turn on. This will really give me problem with my CO2. I hope the power cycling will fix everything.

Thanks to Curt. I will call you back if problem persist.

perry/xinumaster

xinumaster
12/28/2005, 01:09 AM
hi Curt,

Got home today at 6:45pm and check my tank. All lights were on as program but 30mins later my MH light turned-off when infact it is scheduled to turn off at 20:45. I notice that when it turn-off the LED on the DC8 was off too. I tried to manually turn the light on again but it does not turn on. However, after a few minutes of trying the light turn-on again, but this the the LED on the DC8 is on. Should the LED stays on at all time?

My temp reading is also out of sync with my other temp probes.
I tried to calibrate my temp probe to match my coralife temp probe reading at 83F but after a few minutes it jumps to 87F.
This is a brand new probe and it been in my tank only less than a week.

I also notice that my powerheads one on left and other on right of that were sometimes both on our both off when in fact they should be OSC left to right.

Here is the whole program list I have:

IF TIME > 09:00 THEN LT1 ON
IF TIME > 22:00 THEN LT1 OFF
IF TIME > 14:30 THEN LT3 ON
IF TIME > 20:45 THEN LT3 OFF
IF TEMP < 77.0 THEN HET ON
IF TEMP > 77.5 THEN HET OFF
OSC 10/10 ON/OFF THEN PM1 ON
OSC 10/10 ON/OFF THEN PM2 OFF
IF FEED CYCLE THEN PM1 ON
IF FEED CYCLE THEN PM2 ON
IF PH > 08.45 THEN CO2 ON
IF PH < 08.35 THEN CO2 OFF
IF TEMP > 22:00 THEN LT2 ON
IF PH > 8.50 THEN ALM ON
IF PH < 8.0 THEN ALM ON
IF TIME >7:00 THEN LT2 OFF

This system is suppose to simplify everything but its taking too much of my time debugging the issues. Should I drop by your work and have this system check?

Perry

clp
12/28/2005, 10:55 AM
Yes, you can come by. Please call first, to be sure that I'm available to help you.

Curt

reeftwin
12/30/2005, 07:36 AM
IF TEMP > 22:00 THEN LT2 ON

Is that right?

xinumaster
12/30/2005, 12:06 PM
Hi reeftwin,

Good catch. It is a typing error. It should be "IF TIME > 22:00 THEN LT2 OFF".

I send my controller and DC8 back to Curt and he seems to be a very nice guy. Not really sure if my DC8 is defective but he swapped out my DC8 with the latest version. He also changed the face cover (old one has same dimple in the display) on my controller.

Yesterday I hooked everything back in my tank and looks working great so far. lights were coming on and off as programmed and temp is more stable now. We suspect that my MH ballast might be interferring with the signal. But I'll give it a week and see what happens.

I give Neptune System a 10+ for techsupport.

Perry/xinumaster

ZippyBoy
01/08/2006, 08:14 AM
Any update Perry?

I'm on the fence between a ACIII and the Aquatronica. Would like to hear how well your issue was addressed.

xinumaster
01/10/2006, 06:44 PM
I don't have problem with my ac pro any more after Curt replaced my DC8.

Neptune Techsupport is very friendly and was able to address issues I had with the system. They even went beyond fixing the problem I have on my system. They fixed the cosmetic damage on the front panel of my acpro by replacing the front face of the box. He also, cut me 10' phone cable so I can locate my acpro futher from the tank.

Curt, thanks for your help.