PDA

View Full Version : Ferric oxide hydroxide+Phosban Reactors+MJ400s

Pages : [1] 2

whitesquall
12/26/2005, 07:27 PM
Anyone interested in a group buy of this stuff?
it is basically ROWAPHOS.

RichT
12/26/2005, 08:29 PM
You know where to get it?

kabal2
12/26/2005, 08:32 PM
ohh god here we go another group guy, how much , and much we getting and when i need to send the money :D
lol, as we see i love group buys

RichT
12/26/2005, 08:46 PM
we're gonna need to start a NJRC sub group for group buy addicts. :D

Hef
12/26/2005, 09:54 PM
Keep me posted. If you find a product that others have tested and used, I might be interested.
A group buy on the Reactors would be good also. I've got one of the older TLF Reactors, it's got the 12 million nylon screws. I hate it.

RichT
12/26/2005, 10:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6361725#post6361725 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hef
A group buy on the Reactors would be good also. I've got one of the older TLF Reactors, it's got the 12 million nylon screws. I hate it.

I think I have the same on....sep I counted 12 million and one. Maybe they had an extra to get rid of that day. :lol:

blange3
12/27/2005, 10:59 AM
No fair, I'm in a weakend condition. Got the flu or something. My resistance is down!

But I'm with Hef. If we find something that's well documented and reasonable, I'd be interested.

Here we go again!

jer1198
12/27/2005, 11:03 AM
put me down for a group buy on reactors,

scarletknight06
12/27/2005, 11:11 AM
that stuff is exactly ROWAphos. I bought 2 lbs of it for $20 a couple of months ago from someone who was selling it in the selling forum, ill try and dig up the link,

I've been using about 75-100ml of it in my phosban reactor for 2 months now or so, its great stuff. Phosphates are 0.00 with the tunze kit:)

Hef
12/27/2005, 11:49 AM
Thats funny, Phophates are zero at my house also. I put Coffee Grinds in my Reactor, I figured it looks the same, what the heck. Only use the good Columbian Coffee though:)

kabal2
12/27/2005, 05:56 PM
hmmmm i can put some coffe too, i dont know if i will like the color that will give to my water, but how it does with the phosphates??
:D :D :D :D

simonmr
12/28/2005, 08:53 AM
Im in that stuff is expensave to buy at the LFS cost me 42 bucks for a small container.

scarletknight06
12/28/2005, 09:37 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=688254&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

found the link here ya go

GROSSR
12/28/2005, 09:55 AM
I would interested in a couple of pounds.

What happened to Rutgers last night? My son is being recruited by Schiano. The Illinois and last nights games really turned me off to Rutgers. But the decision is his.

rich

scarletknight06
12/28/2005, 10:01 AM
oh man, they were in usual form. coming out strong in the first half (really the first quarter this time) and then unable to stop ASU in the second half. I gotta say I expected it to be more like 14-45, 40-45 is pretty respectable i thought for a team that was 1-11 3 years ago.

blange3
12/28/2005, 10:34 AM
So??? Any details yet?

Hef
12/28/2005, 11:05 AM
Dont know where Whitesquall planned to get this stuff. I just found this in a search.
Adedge Technologies makes AD33.
From a different thread -
Bayoxide® E IN-20
Bayoxide® E IN-20 is a granular ferric oxide (GFO) media developed and produced by Lanxess. This media is similar in its chemistry and functionality to the Bayoxide® E33 developed during the late 1990s to Severn Trent Services’ specifications for application in drinking water Arsenic (As). Ferric ion oxide solids react with arsenic oxyanions to form a tight covalent bond as noted below. Selective for low arsenic levels in the presence of sulfate, carbonate and other oxyanions, GFO can adsorb as much as 20 g As per kg of dry media.

Bayoxide® E IN-20 is capable of removing over 500 parts per billion (ppb) As from water down to less than 10 parts per billion. In addition to drinking water As Removal, the product also has a high capacity for phosphate (PO4) and selenium (Se) removal.

Non-drinking Water Applications
Since the introduction of Bayoxide ® E33 to the drinking water markets, Bayoxide® E IN-20 media has been developed for application to other non-drinking water processes for As, PO4 and for heavy metals removal. It has been used for arsenic removal from mining and industrial wastewaters, selenium removal from refinery wastes and for phosphate polishing of treated municipal wastewaters.

Examples of tested and commercialized non-drinking water applications of the Bayoxide® E33 media include:

Aquarium PO4 Removal
Mining & Metallurgical Effluents As Removal
Food & Beverage Process Water Purification
Groundwater As Remediation
Domestic Wastewater PO4 Polishing
Refinery Wastewater As & Se Removal

Severn Trent Services and Adedge Technologies, Inc. have formed an alliance to provide arsenic removal systems to the U.S. and Canadian potable water treatment market. Severn Trent Services currently offers the commercially-proven and cost-effective SORB 33® process to reduce arsenic contamination in large municipal and industrial applications. Severn Trent's proprietary, NSF Standard 61 approved media is now being used in Adedge's new line of AD-33TM arsenic removal systems and products to treat 100 gpm or less. As an integral component of Adedge's small-community and non-community drinking water systems, the technology will also be applied to the point-of-use (POU) and point-of-entry (POE) residential marketplace.

Adedge Technologies, Inc. is a privately-owned provider and developer of specialty adsorbents, products and integrated solutions for the removal of contaminants from process or aqueous streams. Industries and applications include drinking water, chemical, pharmaceutical, environmental and wastewater.

The similararities between this product and one one the mainstream products is uncanny, the price differential is simply scarry.

Here is the FAQ from Adedge Tech on the stuff.
http://www.adedgetechnologies.com/technology/ad33faq.htm

I'm definitly interested. I would like to find others that have tried this stuff. Havent been able to find it in a search. The thread Scarlet led us to looks good, but I dont think they revealed the source of that stuff. Could be the same as the AD33.

I'm serious about the Group Buy on the Reactors. I know Phyl worked out some deal to get one donated for the club raffle, maybe as a Club we could get a deal direct from the supplier.

Phyl
12/28/2005, 11:37 AM
I do have one more phosban reactor for raffle. We'll look into finding the best source for purchasing a lot of the phosban reactors and let you know what we find!

simonmr
12/28/2005, 01:14 PM
if we do the reactor ill take 2 i hate all the nuts on the ones i have now

RichT
12/28/2005, 01:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6371634#post6371634 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by simonmr
if we do the reactor ill take 2 i hate all the nuts on the ones i have now

57 nuts too much for you?!?!?

GROSSR
12/28/2005, 04:35 PM
Just stopped in Absolutely Fish, Salifert had their "version" I have to say about 8 ozs probably less, for 29.99.

rich

Hef
12/29/2005, 12:46 PM
As you can see, I'm on Vacation with nothing to do.

Just got off the phone with a Rep from Adedge Tech. He has sold this same thing to other Reef Clubs.
A single barrel approx 67 lbs of AD33 shipped to NJ.
$830.

Rough Estimates.
Thats a little over $12/pound.
$12 is about the best price you would find for 150 Grams of Phosban. 150 Grams is about 1/3 pound.
You can buy 1200 Grams - 2.6 lbs, for $80 figure about $100 shipped.

5 lb blocks would be nice, it would last a while, and would be worth the trouble.

BTW - AD33 is a Dry Material, like Phosban, not damp like Rowaphos. It should be rinsed like Phosban.
Also, very important. If you dont know what you are getting into with this stuff, you should do a search on it. It's very Controversial. This stuff can definitly Wipe Out your SPS Corals if overdosed just a little. I have used Phosban many times and see great results. Early on, I lost a few corals to RTN. There are many good usage theories going on. Phosban recommends using all 150 grams at once. Others have used 1/5 that amount and get good results. Also changing it out more often is safer, or so "they" say.

Scarlet, I looked into the thread you mentioned, I would like to know where he was getting that stuff. It's apparently shipped Damp like Rowaphos, and it's evidently cheaper. I like the idea of buying from Adedge, as we do know exactly what it is.

So who's in?

Phyl, when is the Case of Reactors coming in?

scarletknight06
12/29/2005, 04:16 PM
Hef,
The stuff I got looks exactly like ROWAphos that I bought and seems to do the same job. Seems like the stuff you found is great and at pretty much the same price too. From what I understand rowa and phosban are the same things just in different chemical forms so that stuff should be great. I'd get some but I still have a ton of this stuff left.

whats the deal with the new reactors? I have one with all the plastic screws on the top. Do they make a new one thats easier to open? at least thats what I assume from peoples posts.

Phyl
12/29/2005, 04:58 PM
The phosban reactors that we have doesn't have any thumb screws on them. The top actually screws on now.

Hef
12/29/2005, 07:44 PM
Yea, I hear it's a quarter turn and it locks down. Also the inlet & outlet are turned 90 deg. and they are flexible. I cracked one of mine on the old model, managed to glue it back. Yea, it leaks.

Here is a photo of a new one.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v637/Mickis125/OTHER/53f9d65a.jpg

kabal2
12/29/2005, 08:02 PM
yes i have the new one and is a quater turn really nice, i almost buy one of the old one and im glad now i didn't, btw are we going to have the group buy in this stuff or not??:D

scarletknight06
12/29/2005, 08:22 PM
wow, those are much better designed than the old ones.

radiata
12/29/2005, 09:08 PM
Hef,

I'm in for 5lbs. Will you be accepting PayPal?

All,

I currently have two of the PhosBan Reactors on line (and may go for a third). I'm running them serially - one after the other with one pump. The powerhead I'm using is an AquaClear 20 (this is a new model number - it was formerly designated 201). The Hidden Reef had them for $15. The powerhead itself has a flow controller and was very easy to throttle back to the specified flow (70 to 80 GPH depending on the amount of media placed in the reactor), and it wasn't necessary to use the valve supplied with the reactor. Finally, the unit doesn't come with any hose - I used Eheim 12/16mm #4004940.

Regards,
Bob D.

kabal2
12/29/2005, 09:21 PM
ok, sorry kind of slow today, so its $12.00 a pound?? if it is im up for 5 pounds.
and radiata one question, what is the benefit to run 2 or 3 reactors in line?? I'm just asking because im setting up my 120g and i will like to what i need and how many

TIA

Gabriel

simonmr
12/29/2005, 09:28 PM
im in for 5# also

Hef
12/29/2005, 10:08 PM
OK, that's 4 of us so far. We will need 13. I'll kick off the order when I get 10 confirmed.
The $12 was a rough estimate.
Here's the real numbers based on the $30 shipping Estimate.
$12.77/pound.
5lbs for $63.85
2.7% + .30 cents palypal fee $2.02.
$65.87 Each.

I dont know if there is Tax in something like this. We didnt pay tax on the Mg order. I'll call them again tomorrow to get more definitive answers.
I'm going to PM the person who started this thread (Whitesquall) to see if they want in.

GROSSR
12/30/2005, 12:03 AM
I have never used the stuff, would like to. I could be convinced to go in for 2 lbs, that depends on the price of the reactor.

Rich

dpieroni
12/30/2005, 08:07 AM
Hey Hef I want two Lbs of it, I can use paypal?
diego

GROSSR
12/30/2005, 11:23 AM
What are some of the prices of the reactors? I can't seem to find the one you are talking about?

rich

Hef
12/30/2005, 11:36 AM
I cant find it either, I think they may only be shipping the new one, They just havent updated the photo of it yet.

kabal2
12/30/2005, 12:10 PM
http://www.petsolutions.com/Phosban+Reactor-I-48142292-I-C-1017-C-.aspx
this is the new reactor that i got i hope it can help

rji1966
12/30/2005, 05:43 PM
Hef,
What is the shelf life of this stuff? As long as it stored dry, say in an empty IO salt bucket?
Count me in for 5lbs.

And if anyone gets the group buy for the reactor I am going to need 2.

Hef
12/30/2005, 06:38 PM
I would think this stuff has a shelf life longer than anything else in this hobby. I would think even if it gets wet it would be ok.
This stuff is pretty dense. I believe a Cubic Foot of it is 35lbs. You should be able to store 5 lbs in a smaller tupperware container.

I'm still looking into Particle Size and other factors. Couldnt get the guy on the phone today.

whitesquall
12/30/2005, 09:04 PM
Hef sent you a PM, This stuff comes in 2 grades which mesh size will this be?

Also in for the NewStyleReactors.

radiata
12/30/2005, 09:33 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6382281#post6382281 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by kabal2
... and radiata one question, what is the benefit to run 2 or 3 reactors in line?? ... Gabriel:

I added the second because one just wasn't enough for my system. But this is on a system of over 400 total gallons, and I have a few big fish. The nice thing about these filters is that you can string them together if you need to expand...

All:

Left something out in my earlier comments on pump & hose. I run the filter effluent through a small low micron filter sock hung in the sump. It keeps most of the red dust out of the tank.

Regards,
Bob D.

us2000ua
12/30/2005, 11:24 PM
Hef, I'm from Philly, but I'm in for 5lbs. Just spoke with Phyllis and she said I can pick it up from her or from you, if it's not a problem. I'll talk to some one local, may be We wold take 10lbs.

RichT
12/31/2005, 01:02 AM
My councilor and sponsor are gonna be real disappointed with me.

#5 and 3 reactors

Marshall
12/31/2005, 03:29 AM
Before you go with this place, try US Filter.

35 lbs for $160 + freight.

http://www.usfilter.com/en/product+lines/General_Filter_Products/General_Filter_Products/general_filter_gfh.htm

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=6226936#post6226936

http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?t=1130

Hef
12/31/2005, 09:43 AM
Excellent! thanks for the links Phrawd. I've been doing a lot of searching and knew there was a place to buy 35lbs for $160, but I just couldnt find it. I'm thinking thats' where Scarlet's supplier got his stuff.
$10/lb works out to a nice little profit at that rate.

The photo in the 2nd link makes the stuff look very fine, but I'm assuming it is shipping wet, so there probably isnt the dust problem that Phosban has.

I'm going to keep researching this over the weekend, but 35lbs @ (lets go overboard and say it costs $200 with shipping) works out to $28.51 for 5 lbs.

I'm happy:)

ericp351
12/31/2005, 09:58 AM
Put me in for 5lbs. I can paypal.

Eric...

GROSSR
12/31/2005, 10:02 AM
whitesquall :

Where/what is the NEWSTYLEREACTOR? I noticed that the Phosban 150 has a bunch of screws, is this the 1/4 turn model mentioned? If so how much?

rich

Hef
12/31/2005, 11:11 AM
Rich, they are both called Phosban 150. All of the vendors seem to have photos of the older model. I would suggest calling and see what they are shipping.
We really seem to have a lot of people wanting these things, lets wait and see what kind of deal we can get on a full carton or however they ship them.

simonmr
12/31/2005, 11:15 AM
i forgot to post earlier im if for 2 reactors as well

jer1198
12/31/2005, 11:29 AM
i'd be up for 3, 2 to have and a spare (ya just never know)

whitesquall
12/31/2005, 11:54 AM
O.K.

Since I had some unforseen complication's right after I Started this group Buy, I do appologize for leaving everyone hanging in the "wind" I would like to thank Hef for coordinating the GFH group buy....

As for the REACTOR's... I contacted this vendor to see what we could workout on the new 2006 REACTOR's with twist top's, this was his reply.

Alex, Thank you for checking in with us. I will be happy to offer your club a Group buy on TLF Phosban Reactors. Pease be advised that we are currently selling the new 2006 model Phosban Reactor at a very low price while others are selling the older model for the same or higher.The new model has a screw on top as well as adjustable 90 deg elbows, overall a much better user friendly model. We also stand behind every product we sell and offer fast ship out times. Please do a search on R.C. for customer satisfaction for Reef Exotics.
I offer the following for 20 units ordered and shipped Fed Ex ground and insured to one address.
Unit price $33 shipped.

Also still waiting for call back's from a few other vendor's, if I can get a better price I will update... But like he say's his price is prity low to begin with.

If we proceed, I will collect via paypal and have unit's shipped to my home addy and can coordinate from there meeting location's.

If you don't have a Paypal Account you could send check to my home addy minis Paypal Fee's, would hate too leave anyone out because they don't have a Paypal Acount. just PM me and I will give you my Addy.

Let me know what you all want to do?

GROSSR
12/31/2005, 01:07 PM
Is Monroe Township up near Sparta (say mapquest) or down by Exit 8 on the Turnpike???

I am good for a new reactor and I will bump my poundage to 3lbs.

rich

whitesquall
12/31/2005, 03:09 PM
exit 8a off NJ turnpike.

Hef
12/31/2005, 04:16 PM
Making sure I get on the list for Reactors.
I'm in for 2 Reactors.

We might want to try to consolidate these two buys into one, to make pickup and transactions easier.

We'll try to work that out.

steve68
01/01/2006, 04:26 AM
im in for 5lbs.

whitesquall
01/01/2006, 12:43 PM
# of Reactor's so far:

Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2

Let's get this going because I have the itch to spend!

To make things easier to track.... Pm me and I will update the list on here.
As far as meeting up goes, I work all over central to northen NJ (from monroe north and can meet you during the day, I have done this on previouse group buy's for members) as for southerners depends on how many there are, we can probably meet halfway.

Alex.

ericp351
01/01/2006, 01:09 PM
OK. 1 reactor and 5lbs.

Eric...

SALTH2O57
01/01/2006, 02:43 PM
im in for 1 reactor and 5lbs.

whitesquall
01/01/2006, 05:21 PM
UPDATE:
Paypal and check amount to be updated when we finalize a deal...I STRESS (ONLY THE VALID APPLY!!!)
............REACTOR'S / MEDIA 5lb
Whitesquall = 2 R/5LB
Hef = 2 R /?LB
steve68 = ? R /5LB
ericp351 = 1 R /5LB
SALTH2O57 =1 R /5LB
GROSSR =1R /3lb
radiata =-/1R/?LB
simonmr =2R/5LB
kabal2 =?R/5lb
dpieroni=?R/2lbs
rji1966=2R/5LB
us2000ua=?R/5LB
RichT=3R/5LB

Did I forget anyone?

Hef
01/01/2006, 08:05 PM
Alex & I have PM'd each other. Alex has agreed to take over and run both parts of this order, GFO Media & Reactors. I'm helping him as much as I can. We will be making final decisions on where we are buying everything from, trying to find the best deal on the Reactor. Alex's price of $33 shipped is pretty good, I pointed him to the place we just got the Salifert Deal from and will call them this week. They have it listed at $31.99 right now. That's before shipping.

Anyway, this way we can all just pay one person and hopefully work out pickup at one time for both products.

I think it would be easier on Alex if everyone got a nice even number like 5lbs instead of the 2 or 3, would make dividing it up a little easier.

Hef

Hef
01/01/2006, 08:06 PM
Alex, put me down for 5 lbs.

GROSSR
01/01/2006, 08:28 PM
I have a supermarket scanner scale that measures to 30.00lb. I have to stop off at the customer location and pick up the display. If I can get that display it should be a mute point about the weight. whitesqual : my customer is in edison. So I could drop off the scale and payment. Assuming I can take the display.

rich

jer1198
01/01/2006, 09:05 PM
if anyone down south wants to split some, i have a digital scale, measures in 1/2 ounce incrememts, up to 75 lbs.
you put your container on the scale, zero it out, and you add in how ever much you wanna buy.

whitesquall
01/01/2006, 10:31 PM
UPDATE:
Paypal and check amount to be updated when we finalize a deal...I STRESS (ONLY THE VALID APPLY!!!)
Whitesquall = 2 R/5LB
Hef = 2R / 5LB
steve68 = ?R / 5LB
ericp351 = 1R / 5LB
SALTH2O57 =1R / 5LB
GROSSR = 1R / 3lb
radiata = 1R / ?LB
simonmr = 2R / 5LB
kabal2 = ?R / 5lb
dpieroni= ?R / 2lbs
rji1966= 2R / 5LB
us2000ua= ?R / 5LB
RichT= 3R / 5LB

Hef, got u bud... and he is right... let's try and make it in 5lb lot's, let's try and get some partners together too get you up to 5lb's.

GROSSR / dpieroni can you two hash out who will take note for media.... the two of you = 5lb's?

GROSSR & jer1198 Your help would be great!

COMMON people Let's pull together and get this thing off the ground.

Did I forget anyone?

Hef
01/01/2006, 10:34 PM
This is wierd. Check this out.
Looking at different sites for GFO related stuff, I found this at Marinedepot.com. http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=RW1111

http://www.marinedepot.com/IMD/150/RW1111.jpg

That photo looked very familiar.

From USFilters where we are planning to get our GFO.

http://www.usfilter.com/NR/rdonlyres/1EFD9755-F000-4DC1-AE83-4B1779806EC4/0/gfh_brochure.pdf

Same photo.
They are getting $17 for 100ml.

whitesquall
01/01/2006, 10:43 PM
I knew that photo looked real familiar.

Marcelog
01/02/2006, 07:18 AM
Put me down for 1 reactor and 5lbs.

Damn you group buys!

Marcelo -

salty28
01/02/2006, 07:34 AM
I'll take 1 reactor and 5 lbs. Unless someone down this way wants to split the 5 lbs. Pm me with your address and I'll mail you a check. I can p/u in Monroe twsp.

whitesquall
01/02/2006, 08:57 AM
UPDATE:
Whitesquall = 2 R/5LB
Hef = 2R / 5LB
steve68 = ?R / 5LB
ericp351 = 1R / 5LB
SALTH2O57 =1R / 5LB
GROSSR = 1R / 3lb
radiata = 1R / ?LB
simonmr = 2R / 5LB
kabal2 = ?R / 5lb
dpieroni= ?R / 2lbs
rji1966= 2R / 5LB
us2000ua= ?R / 5LB
RichT= 3R / 5LB
Marcelog = 1R / 5lb
salty28 = 1R / 5lb

Keep'em commin.

spuzio
01/02/2006, 01:40 PM
I am in for 2 reactor and 5 lbs.

Any idea where the pick up point will be?

smcooler
01/02/2006, 02:59 PM
How much per lb. I will get a few lbs.

stan

dpieroni
01/02/2006, 03:18 PM
i have a reactor.
only the two lbs
diego pieroni

whitesquall
01/02/2006, 03:53 PM
UPDATE:
Whitesquall = 2 R/5LB
Hef = 2R / 5LB
steve68 = 5LB
ericp351 = 1R / 5LB
SALTH2O57 =1R / 5LB
GROSSR = 1R / 3lb
radiata = 1R
simonmr = 2R / 5LB
kabal2 = 5lb
dpieroni= 2lbs
rji1966= 2R / 5LB
us2000ua= 5LB
RichT= 3R / 5LB
Marcelog = 1R / 5lb
salty28 = 1R / 5lb
spuzio = 2R / 5lb

Keep'em commin.

radiata
01/02/2006, 04:30 PM
whitesquall,

I'm in for zero reactors and 5lbs of media.

Thanks,
Bob D.

whitesquall
01/02/2006, 08:40 PM
UPDATE: *correction*
Whitesquall = 2 R/5LB
Hef = 2R / 5LB
steve68 = 5LB
ericp351 = 1R / 5LB
SALTH2O57 =1R / 5LB
GROSSR = 1R / 3lb
radiata = 5lb
simonmr = 2R / 5LB
kabal2 = 5lb
dpieroni= 2lbs
rji1966= 2R / 5LB
us2000ua= 5LB
RichT= 3R / 5LB
Marcelog = 1R / 5lb
salty28 = 1R / 5lb
spuzio = 2R / 5lb

RichT
01/02/2006, 10:00 PM
d'oh.....didn't mean to post

whitesquall
01/03/2006, 10:15 AM
UPDATE:

We currently addup to 75lb's Media and 18 Reactor's....

still in contact with vendor's (remember it was a holiday weekend) should have some #'s $ soon!

Hef
01/03/2006, 03:51 PM
The GFO Media Is Ordered!

I rushed the order out today after having a conversation with the distributor. Simply stated, he is not supposed to sell it to anyone wanting to use it for a Fish Tank, due to a contract they have with an Aquarium Supply Company. He didnt say the name of the company, but from the photos I posted on the subject, I think we know what it is.
He asked, I told him it was for fish tanks, he told me about the contract and said he couldn't sell it to me, so I told him about the House Water Filtration System I was building and needed the media for it. With a Wink,Wink, Nudge, Nudge, Say No More, he said that worked for him.
I've got Three 35lb Buckets Coming. There is now a Hard Stop at 105 lbs.
I'm bumping myself up to 10 lbs, (I know a good deal when I see it).
That brings us up to 80lbs ordered 25lbs left.

The Price $$
As stated previously $160/35lb Bucket
He thinks we are paying Tax, (this is one of those things our club affilitation should help out with in the future...Tax Exemption) I didnt complain, we'll pay tax if they make us.
He didnt know the exact shipping, they dont usually do small orders so he was not setup to give me info like that.
I gave him my Credit Card # and he will send me the Invoice.
I should have the Product by the middle of next week.
When I get the Total Bill, I will post my Paypal Address.

Hef

Phyl
01/03/2006, 04:00 PM
I'll take 5#.

salty28
01/03/2006, 04:01 PM
Are we still picking up in Monroe? I just did mapquest and Fair Haven is up towards Red Bank

ericp351
01/03/2006, 04:59 PM
Yes, I will bump my order to 10lbs.

Let me know the pick-up point..

Eric...

GROSSR
01/03/2006, 05:45 PM
dpieroni needs to have his stuff mailed. Is someone willing to do this? If not he will drop out.

Rich

radiata
01/03/2006, 08:10 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6413991#post6413991 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hef
I'm bumping myself up to 10 lbs, (I know a good deal when I see it).
That brings us up to 80lbs ordered 25lbs left.Hef,

Bump me up to 10 lbs too - I know a good deal when I see it!

Thanks,
Bob D.

rji1966
01/03/2006, 08:12 PM
I will take another 5 lbs. also for a total of ten pounds.

Hef
01/03/2006, 08:12 PM
It's going fast.

Hef
01/03/2006, 08:18 PM
That's It Everyone.
I count 105 Pounds.

GFO Order

Name Pounds
Hef 10
WhiteSquall 10
Ericp351 10
Radiata 10
Rji 10
Steve68 5
Salth2057 5
Simonmr 5
Kabal2 5
us2000ua 5
RichT 5
Marcelog 5
Salty28 5
Spuzio 5
Phyl 5
Grossr 3
Depieroni 2

Total Pounds 105

GROSSR
01/03/2006, 09:31 PM
Let me ask this question - How much/how long does this stuff last? Yes, I know if you create lots of phosphates you will need more, but generally, if you buy 10lbs is like buying 50lbs of dowflakes - a lifetime supply? I might be convinced to purchase more media.

thanks

rich

Hef
01/03/2006, 10:02 PM
Rich, before I go into this, there is no more media available.

I plan to use the stuff in approx. 100 ml. doses...About 1/2 Cup. That is less than 1/2 of the recommended dose from what I have read. I also plan to change it out about once per month. They say you can keep the stuff in there for about 3 months I think. I'm sure I will cheat and go to 6 weeks or more sometimes.

Not sure of the conversion rate, I heard a pound is about 450ml. That was the dry material, this stuff is wet, lets say a pound is only 400ml. That means a pound is less than Two Full Cups. That gives you an idea of what 5 lbs looks like.
So, 100ml doses, 4 doses per pound, times 5 pounds = 20 doses.
Or 20 months.
I'm sure others will use larger doses, as I said earlier in this thread, read up on this stuff, it is very controversial. Using lower doses makes it safer. The theory of changing it out faster, is you dont let it wear down to the point it is not doing anything, and then throw in a new dose, so there is not as much of a change to the system. If it wears down, then you throw in a fresh batch, it could be like the first time you dose again.
There are lots of ways to stretch this stuff out, it's just not as safe.
I'm going to post some links in here that are floating around RC. There is enough stuff written to scare the heck out of you and wonder why we are buying it in the first place.

simonmr
01/04/2006, 06:32 AM
sweet (any update on reactors)??

Phyl
01/04/2006, 06:48 AM
Not yet. I'm hoping to hear from the vendors today.

dpieroni
01/04/2006, 08:12 AM
please if someone can send to me via email.
send me a private message.
ithanks
diego

Phyl
01/04/2006, 11:35 AM
So far I have a price for 24 for 27.90ea (+shipping). So if we can get up to 24 of them we can get this price. I'll keep digging to see if I can turn over any other stones. We'll need 6 more reactors.

In the mean time, keep in mind that you can run carbon through them as well. We have ours daisy chained together and sending the water through the phosban, then our carbon, then into the fuge.

Hef
01/04/2006, 12:19 PM
That sounds good to me. I doubt if you will get it much lower than that.
It would be nice to get them ordered for delivery next week.

Phyl
01/04/2006, 12:30 PM
I think you're probably right, Hef. Now to get 6 more of them on order... Anyone? Otherwise the price will be higher (I need to find out how much higher).

Marcelog
01/04/2006, 12:57 PM
OK Phyl, I'll do my part. Put me down for another reactor.

My wife is gonna kill me :(

Marcelo -

Phyl
01/04/2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks Marcelo! That's 5 more to go. They retail for 38 & change + shipping...

bikereef
01/04/2006, 01:16 PM
I'll take a reactor

Phyl
01/04/2006, 02:51 PM
4 more...

bikereef
01/04/2006, 03:51 PM
also interested in a couple #s of media if anyone is interested in selling some, tks

spuzio
01/04/2006, 04:40 PM
i will take another reactor also... i like the whole carbon idea

ericp351
01/04/2006, 04:52 PM
OK sign me up for 1 more reactor. total of 2 for me.....

Eric...

Phyl
01/04/2006, 05:18 PM
2 more ...

Way to go gang...

rji1966
01/04/2006, 05:19 PM
I will take another one, for a total of three.

GROSSR
01/04/2006, 06:54 PM
Bump me up 1 more for a total of 2.

rich

Phyl
01/04/2006, 07:39 PM
Ok we've now got 24. I'm waiting to hear how much shipping will be. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back from the vendor.

GROSSR
01/05/2006, 06:02 AM
MarineDepot has free shipping over 175.00. Maybe they would match the price and give free shipping?

rich

Phyl
01/05/2006, 09:13 AM
The shipping I have is 20$ for the 24. I'll check with MD and see what they say.

whitesquall
01/05/2006, 09:17 AM
stepping aside and letting hef and phyl run this groupd buy.

Hef
01/05/2006, 09:33 AM
Alex,(Whitesquall) we all appreciate you getting this started. Well, my wife doesn't, but thats a story for another time.

Thanks.

SALTH2O57
01/05/2006, 09:37 AM
I am in for 1 reactor and 5lbs. If I can still get another reactor I would be in for 2. Also if someone drops out I would like an additional 5lbs for a total of 10lbs.
thanks,
Mike

GROSSR
01/05/2006, 10:02 AM
If you go with MarineDepot get as many free calendars that you can and bring them to the meeting.

rich

salty28
01/05/2006, 10:54 AM
Where will the pick up be? I thought we'd be picking up at Whitesquall's in Monroe Twsp.

Hef
01/05/2006, 11:03 AM
Phyl & I were talking about getting a pump to go along with the Reactors. It is recommended to run a very slow flow through the media, the MJ400 or the MJ600 would be ideal I think. If anyone has any experience with either and these reactors, let us know.
The MJ400 is $12.98 the MJ600 is $14.98.

Here is the MJ400
http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AS1111

GROSSR
01/05/2006, 11:19 AM
I was just about to order a MJ400/600. Can we get a discount from Marine Depot on the pumps and reactors?

rich

Phyl
01/05/2006, 11:28 AM
So far the best vendor to deal with is Champion Lighting. They are giving us the best deals. Marine Depot is very rigid on how they deal with clubs and group buys. Flat 5% unless the order tops 1000, then it goes to 8.5. I think we're better off working with Perry and CL.

We can get the MJ for 11$ ea if we purchase 24 of them. Here we go again, lol!

GFO
Name Pounds
Hef 10
WhiteSquall 10
Ericp351 10
Radiata 10
Rji 10
Steve68 5
Salth2057 5
Simonmr 5
Kabal2 5
us2000ua 5
RichT 5
Marcelog 5
Salty28 5
Spuzio 5
Phyl 5
Grossr 3
Depieroni 2

Reactors
Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2
steve68 =
ericp351 = 2
SALTH2O57 =2
GROSSR = 2
radiata =
simonmr = 2
kabal2 =
dpieroni=
rji1966= 3
us2000ua=
RichT= 3
Marcelog = 2
salty28 = 1
spuzio = 3
BikeReef = 1

Pumps:
GrossR = 2
Hef = 1
Marcelo = 1
Spuzio = 2
Who else is in for a pump to run this with? I'm pretty sure we're using a 400 on ours.

Marcelog
01/05/2006, 11:32 AM
Again!?!

I'll take a MJ 400.

Marcelo -

GROSSR
01/05/2006, 11:42 AM
I assume the 400. Hey can we get a deal on Fish tank????????

I am in for 2.

rich

spuzio
01/05/2006, 11:53 AM
i will take two 400 also

Hef
01/05/2006, 12:09 PM
This group is great, you guys will buy anything:)
Heres' a new one, I've got a deal on some Dry Land in South Florida.
Who's In!

kabal2
01/05/2006, 12:18 PM
i will take two 600, and if we can get the maxijet 1200 let me know please

TIA
Gabriel

Hef
01/05/2006, 12:30 PM
Do you think the 600 would be better. I know with these reactors there is a built in Valve to choke the flow.

Phyl
01/05/2006, 12:34 PM
Ok then maybe the 600s would be ok, but the 400s SHOULD be more than enough, I would think... What does your research show, Hef? I've shot an email off to CL to see what they say about a pump recommendation.

Whatever we pick I'd like to keep to one pump (either the 400 or 600). We need to hit 24 to get the price break because of the casing on them. Otherwise we'll pay more for them.

I don't have a problem adding the stray 1200s to the order as needed.

Hef
01/05/2006, 12:46 PM
The 400 is 106 GPH. I'm sure that's enough, you will probably have to throttle that back a little to start. My experience with this reactor and Phosban - I use an old MJ1200. I added a small 1/2" valve to the input of the reactor and slow the flow down until the media just tumbles. What I have noticed is the reactor gets a little clogged up with debris, causing me to have to open the valve a little to let more water through.

I really think the 400 is good.

Edit
From a Search
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=705702&highlight=Phosban

Here is another Link.
Phosban Reactor Words Of Wisdom
In it, they mention that if you are running Two Reators together, it might be better to have a little stronger pump, like the 600.
I think if we all got the 600 you couldnt go wrong.

Phyl, we may never get up to 24 pumps, lots of us got 2 reactors, but I only want one pump. I really dont care if we save a buck or two, I just want to get one.

I'm now voting for the MJ600

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=606552&highlight=Phosban

Phyl
01/05/2006, 01:07 PM
Ok then let's go for the 600.

GFO
Name Pounds
Hef 10
WhiteSquall 10
Ericp351 10
Radiata 10
Rji 10
Steve68 5
Salth2057 5
Simonmr 5
Kabal2 5
us2000ua 5
RichT 5
Marcelog 5
Salty28 5
Spuzio 5
Phyl 5
Grossr 3
Depieroni 2

Reactors
Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2
steve68 =
ericp351 = 2
SALTH2O57 =2
GROSSR = 2
radiata =
simonmr = 2
kabal2 =
dpieroni=
rji1966= 3
us2000ua=
RichT= 3
Marcelog = 2
salty28 = 1
spuzio = 3
BikeReef = 1

Pumps
MJ600:
GrossR = 2
Hef = 1
Marcelo = 1
Spuzio = 2
Phyl = 1
Kabal = 1
us2000ua = 1
Who else is in for a pump to run this with?

MJ1200
Kabal = 3

kabal2
01/05/2006, 01:28 PM
:D how much for the 1200?? i might need more than 1

TIA for any info

Gabriel

PS. i want the maxi600 because i going to run a phosban reactor and a DIY media reactor

Phyl
01/05/2006, 01:34 PM
List on the 1200s is 19.99. We may get a break but can't count on it.

kabal2
01/05/2006, 01:40 PM
can i change the order to 1 maxi 600 and 3 maxis 1200

thank you

szeth13
01/05/2006, 02:31 PM
how much would a reactor, mj600, and 3lbs cost me?
about how long will 3lbs last on a 20 gallon?

Hef
01/05/2006, 02:34 PM
Sorry everyone, but this looks like the perfect pump. made by MJ, the MiniJet 606.
A dollar cheaper than the mj600. It's smaller and adjustable flow, up to 158 gph.

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AS1153

Phyl
01/05/2006, 03:01 PM
Nick, we're out of reactor media the MJ will be around 17$ and the reactor around 30, by the time we factor in shipping.

Pumps
MJ606 (unless Hef changes it again, lol):
GrossR = 2
Hef = 1
Marcelo = 1
Spuzio = 2
Phyl = 1
Kabal = 1
us2000ua = 1
bikereef = 1

MJ1200
Kabal = 3

bikereef
01/05/2006, 03:10 PM
i'm in for a 600

ericp351
01/05/2006, 04:57 PM
Put me down for 1 pump also.

Eric...

P.S. A mj600

GROSSR
01/05/2006, 05:32 PM
I am not so keen on the Mini's. I will pass on the Mini's. I will find a pump elsewhere.

rich

Phyl
01/05/2006, 05:53 PM
Ok then just let me know which pump you want. Do you know something about the minis that we don't know? The adjustable flow looked cool.

Pumps
MJ606 (unless Hef changes it again, lol):
Hef = 1

Pump MJ???
Marcelo = 1
Spuzio = 2
Phyl = 1
Kabal = 1

MJ600
GrossR = 2
us2000ua = 1
bikereef = 1
EricP351=1

MJ1200
Kabal = 3

kabal2
01/05/2006, 06:36 PM
phyl for the small mj i go with the whatever every1 else is going to get im good there and the 2 mj1200, and the 5#, anything else im buying????
:D
Gabriel

Hef
01/05/2006, 08:56 PM
Just read a bunch of stuff on pumps, believe it or not, I'm still convinced the mj606 is the best one for our purpose. The 400, 404, 600 or 606 will all work fine. The 404 & 606 have the barbed nozzle meant for tubing.
Phyl, it doesn't look like you are going to be able to save much money on the pumps, just get everyone what they want and tell us how much.

They still haven't hit my credit card for the Media, I hope there is not a problem. I'll call tomorrow afternoon to check the status.

Phyl
01/06/2006, 09:07 AM
Pumps
MJ606:
Hef = 1
Phyl = 1
Spuzio = 2
bikereef = 1

Pump MJ???
Marcelo = 1
Kabal = 1

MJ600
GrossR = 2
us2000ua = 1
EricP351=1

MJ1200
Kabal = 2

spuzio
01/06/2006, 09:14 AM
i will go withthe mj606 also

bikereef
01/06/2006, 09:36 AM
barbed nozzle is for me, switch me to 606 pls. tks :)

Hef
01/06/2006, 11:00 AM
Just called the supplier for GFO. The order has not shipped yet. Could be today or Monday. Warehouse has just been backed up.

I just stumbled across a thread I think everyone involved should read. It's over in the Deltec Forum, about the proper and safe use of Rowaphos.
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=500727&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

It talks about changes to watch for when using the product. Your PH is bound to drop, Alk will drop, and of course PO4 will drop. THe PH & Alk drops are probably what hurts corals. It gives good recommendations on using a small amount of media at a very slow flow, checking paramters within 24 hours of use. Maybe shutting down the reactor after 24 hours, and restarting the next day.
Here is the link to Rowaphos Website RowaUSA (http://www.rowausa.com/pdf/ROWAPHOS_Reducer.pdf)
This is the actual info shipped with the product.

From a legal standpoint, let me remind you that we are Not purchasing Rowaphos, just another GFO Media.
Hef

Marcelog
01/06/2006, 11:57 AM
Put me down for the 606.
Thanks for the links Hef.

Marcelo -

Phyl
01/06/2006, 12:04 PM

So far I have:

MJ606
Hef = 1
Phyl = 1
Spuzio = 2
bikereef = 1
Marcelo = 1

MJ600
Kabal = 1
GrossR = 2
us2000ua = 1
EricP351=1

MJ1200
Kabal = 2

GROSSR
01/06/2006, 08:50 PM
OK, now let's add a high end phophate test kit to the group buy.

Kind of like a TDS meter for the RO/DI.

Here is a good comment from that post :

As suggested, I used a fluidized bed filter and started with a very small amount. Then I slowly added more Rowaphos over time. I added 2 TBsp's every 4 days until I had zero phosphates. Then, I added the rest (majority) of the Rowaphos. I had no problems.

Being we are buying reactors and running the stuff active, do we rinse and spit or not rinse and spit?

rich

Phyl
01/06/2006, 08:51 PM
Reactors
Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2
steve68 =
ericp351 = 2
SALTH2O57 =2
GROSSR = 2
radiata =
simonmr = 2
kabal2 =
dpieroni=
rji1966= 3
us2000ua=
RichT= 3
Marcelog = 2
salty28 = 1
spuzio = 3
BikeReef = 1
ReefDrumz = 1

MJ606
Hef = 1
Phyl = 1
Spuzio = 2
bikereef = 1
Marcelo = 1
RichT = 1
GrossR = 1
ReefDrumz = 1

MJ600
Kabal = 1
us2000ua = 1
EricP351=1

MJ1200
Kabal = 2

GROSSR
01/06/2006, 09:04 PM
Please change me from 2 mj600 to 1 mj606. I will try it again.

rich

Phyl
01/06/2006, 09:10 PM
How many in for the hana colorometer? Otherwise do you want the Tunze kit? Some other?

Reefdrumz
01/06/2006, 09:41 PM
I was trying to resist this damn buy..

Are the reactors still available? If so, I'll take 2 reactors and 2 mj606's.

Phyl
01/06/2006, 10:13 PM
Reactors
Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2
steve68 =
ericp351 = 2
SALTH2O57 =2
GROSSR = 2
radiata =
simonmr = 2
kabal2 =
dpieroni=
rji1966= 3
us2000ua=
RichT= 3
Marcelog = 2
salty28 = 1
spuzio = 3
BikeReef = 1
ReefDrumz = 2

MJ606
Hef = 1
Phyl = 1
Spuzio = 2
bikereef = 1
Marcelo = 1
RichT = 1
GrossR = 1
ReefDrumz = 2

MJ600
Kabal = 1
us2000ua = 1
EricP351=1

MJ1200
Kabal = 2

salty28
01/07/2006, 06:18 AM
I'm in for a Mini-jet 606 too!

Hef
01/07/2006, 08:54 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6441565#post6441565 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by GROSSR

Being we are buying reactors and running the stuff active, do we rinse and spit or not rinse and spit?

rich

I think everyone recommends rinsing new media to a degree. Here is what I do. I change my media in the kitchen sink, With hoses attached to the reactor. I have an RO water dispenser at my sink, the 1/2" hose fits snug around the RO faucet. I slowly run the RO water through the reactor. You watch the fine sediment slowly rise in the reactor, dont do this too fast, all of the media will rise in the reactor also, you dont want this. You just want the fines to rise and exit the reactor. This takes me a few minutes.
There are a couple of Sponge Filters that come with the reactor. These filters will guarantee that you dont get media in the tank, but they will also get clogged up over time forcing you to change the flow on your pump. They get clogged with all the normal sediments from your tank getting into the pump and into the reactor. I've learned to not use the Sponge Filter on top. To do this you need to know your reactor and how not to let media rise too high in the reactor. You do this by using the right pump and/or adjusting the valve into the reactor.
One Important Note - Restrict the Flow Entering the Reactor not Exiting. If you restrict the flow on the Exit side you will be building pressure inside the reactor, and the Reactors are not built to withstand pressure.
Back to Rinsing Media. This is something you will see wide variations of opinions on. There are people that change there media at the time they do a water change. When they drain the water out of their tank, they run it through the new media in the reactor. If I did that it would be approx 30 gallons of water. The theory behind that is, the water in your tank is already Phosphate Free. So rinsing the media with Phosphate Free water is not taking any of the value away from the new media. People feel that a lot of the bad reactions that the media causes is caused by new media and what it adds to your tank.
You will read that Rowaphos does not really recommend rinsing your media in this way. In my opinion, over rinsing in this way is not needed, but I do insure that all the fines are removed before I add it to my tank.
It's also not a bad idea to let the water exit the reactor into a filter sock in your sump or wherever. I do this in the beginning with new media just to be sure.

I dont want a PO4 Test Kit. I'm going with the theory that if I run this media, I will have very low PO4. I do have a Salifert kit that measures higher po4 levels.

ericp351
01/07/2006, 11:15 AM
Phyl, if it's not too late please change my mj600 to a mini 606.

Thanks, Eric...

Phyl
01/07/2006, 11:55 AM
Reactors
Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2
steve68 =
ericp351 = 2
SALTH2O57 =2
GROSSR = 2
radiata =
simonmr = 2
kabal2 =
dpieroni=
rji1966= 3
us2000ua=
RichT= 3
Marcelog = 2
salty28 = 1
spuzio = 3
BikeReef = 1
ReefDrumz = 2

MJ606
Hef = 1
Phyl = 1
Spuzio = 2
bikereef = 1
Marcelo = 1
RichT = 1
GrossR = 1
ReefDrumz = 2
EricP351=1

MJ600
Kabal = 1
us2000ua = 1

MJ1200
Kabal = 2

SALTH2O57
01/07/2006, 12:54 PM
I will take a MJ606 (1) thanks.

kabal2
01/07/2006, 01:24 PM
phyl dont hate me but i can change my 600 to a 606:d

thank you

Phyl
01/07/2006, 01:37 PM
Reactors
Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2
steve68 =
ericp351 = 2
SALTH2O57 =2
GROSSR = 2
radiata =
simonmr = 2
kabal2 =
dpieroni=
rji1966= 3
us2000ua=
RichT= 3
Marcelog = 2
salty28 = 1
spuzio = 3
BikeReef = 1
ReefDrumz = 2

MJ606
Hef = 1
Phyl = 1
Spuzio = 2
bikereef = 1
Marcelo = 1
RichT = 1
GrossR = 1
ReefDrumz = 2
EricP351=1
SALTH2057 = 1

MJ600
us2000ua = 1

MJ1200
Kabal = 2

Tunze PO4 Kits
>> your name here = 1 ?

Any takers?

disney95
01/07/2006, 04:54 PM
I will take 2 reactors and a test kit I would also like a maxi jet 900 if I can
thanks glenn

Hef
01/07/2006, 05:28 PM
Gettin to be a big order there, eh Phyl?

Phyl
01/07/2006, 06:03 PM
Seems to be the NJ way, Hef! LOL!

Reactors
Whitesquall = 2
Hef = 2
steve68 =
ericp351 = 2
SALTH2O57 =2
GROSSR = 2
radiata =
simonmr = 2
kabal2 =
dpieroni=
rji1966= 3
us2000ua=
RichT= 3
Marcelog = 2
salty28 = 1
spuzio = 3
BikeReef = 1
ReefDrumz = 2
Disney95 = 2

MJ606
Hef = 1
Phyl = 1
Spuzio = 2
bikereef = 1
Marcelo = 1
RichT = 1
GrossR = 1
ReefDrumz = 2
EricP351=1
SALTH2057 = 1

MJ600
us2000ua = 1

MJ900
Disney95 = 1

MJ1200
Kabal = 2

Tunze PO4 Kits
Disney95 = 1

Dom_P
01/07/2006, 08:48 PM
If your still taking orders I'd like a pound and a reactor.

EDIT: oops and a 606
Dom

the tiler
01/07/2006, 09:14 PM
What you are out of media???
Steve68 Just clued me in on this thread

JR

Phyl
01/07/2006, 09:16 PM
Out of media but I can order Pura Phoslock for anyone who can't get the FOH.

Hef
01/07/2006, 10:21 PM
Yes Everyone, The media has been gone since Jan3rd back on Page 4 of the thread. I put my neck out and ordered a full 35 lbs extra knowing more people would jump in, but as I expected, it went very quickly. If this all works out, we can try another order later on, I wouldnt want to do it too quickly, lets see what happens with this one first.

Here is the list again from page 4. Couple of changes were made, the guy that gave me the tip on where to get it (phrawd),asked if he could have some, and I made arrangements for that with the help of the others that ordered 10 lbs.

GFO Order

Name Pounds
Hef 9
WhiteSquall 9
Ericp351 9
Radiata 9
Rji 9
Steve68 5
Salth2057 5
Simonmr 5
Kabal2 5
us2000ua 5
RichT 5
Marcelog 5
Salty28 5
Spuzio 5
Phyl 5
Phrawd 5
Grossr 3

salty28
01/08/2006, 04:11 AM
Phyl, just incase you missed me, I'll take 1 of the mini-jet 606's.

the tiler
01/08/2006, 07:06 AM
Phyl
Dear

Could you put me down for two reactors and two MJ606

Jason

Phyl
01/08/2006, 07:18 AM
Salty & Jason you're now on the list.

Thanks!
--p

disney95
01/08/2006, 07:31 AM
when will the order be placed
thx glenn

Phyl
01/08/2006, 09:26 AM
I'll put totals up on Monday, paypal through Wednesday when the order will go in. Hopefully that will have everything there by Friday and the pickup can begin on Saturday.

Hef
01/08/2006, 09:22 PM
The GFH has been Shipped. I should receive it in the middle of the week, ready for pickup this weekend.
Came to $576.80 total. Works out to $5.50/pound, or $4.493 to be exact.
The NJRC will be taking care of receiving all payments, for both orders, so follow Phyl's directions for that.
We'll be looking for distribution help, I'm in Central Jersey, Exit 109 GSP, about 10 minutes from the GSP. Anyone is welcome to come here, just give me advance notice.

After I find out what 5lbs looks like, I will probably go out and buy some good Ziplock Bags to divide it up in.

Phyl
01/09/2006, 08:37 PM
The buy is now closed and the totals are posted, including the media. The shipping worked out to be .85 per Phosban reactor (based on the initial quote) and 1.00 per pump. I've added the shipping into the item prices in the spreadsheet so you will see 0 for a shipping amount with increased pricing on the pumps & reactors.

Totals for the Group Buy (http://www.schiavone.us/reef/njrc/groupbuy/po4totals.htm)

Paypal will be sent to paypal@njreefers.org

I'd like payments by Wednesday. Order will go in on Thursday.

Thanks!

Hef
01/09/2006, 08:55 PM
Hey, nice spreadsheet. Now we know why we pay you the Big Bucks:)

So is everything ordered, be here by the weekend?

Phyl
01/09/2006, 09:15 PM
Paid?! LOL! I'd be lucky enough if it wasn't costing me money, lol.

GROSSR
01/09/2006, 09:15 PM
Paid. If anyone decides to drop a pound or two, I would be happy to pick up.

rich

Dom_P
01/09/2006, 09:42 PM
ditto for me.. I'm looking for a pound

disney95
01/09/2006, 10:01 PM
hey phyl I did not see the test kit on my bill are we not getting them
thanks glenn

Phyl
01/09/2006, 10:06 PM
Champion doesn't carry them. In an effort to get this thing closed and hopefully delivered this week, I've skipped it this go around. Maybe we can start another GB in the near future for them.

Sorry!

disney95
01/09/2006, 10:14 PM
ok thanks I am paid up then

ericp351
01/09/2006, 10:23 PM
I just sent paypal. Just let me know when and where to pick-up.

Thanks, Eric...

Phyl
01/09/2006, 11:13 PM
The delivery will be to Fair Haven. Hef will already have the media so pickup from him will make it easier for all. There are lots of folks up North in on the buy. They should be able to move stuff north through some of the North/Central folks. Brian is in South Plainfield if one of the north crew wants to pickup from him (after he's picked up from Hef) for N distribution.

I'll pick up for anyone south of me (plus US & phrwad if interested), just drop me a line.

I'll be updating the spreadsheets with payments. I've also updated the spreadsheet with locations. There are a couple of people who I don't know where you are. We should be able to use this to coordinate who's picking up for who.

http://www.schiavone.us/reef/njrc/groupbuy/po4totals.htm

Thanks everyone.

spuzio
01/10/2006, 07:01 AM
Payment sent.

Marcelog
01/10/2006, 07:35 AM
Payment sent.

Marcelo -

whitesquall
01/10/2006, 08:22 AM
I would be glad too help distribute, for north people.... I can meet up with during the day 11am- 3:30pm.

Let me know.

whitesquall
01/10/2006, 08:50 AM
payment sent

Phyl
01/10/2006, 09:18 AM
Still waiting on payment from:
SALTH2057
simonmr
Kabal2
RJI1966
RichT
Salty28
Phrawd
The Tiler
Steve68
Radiata

salty28
01/10/2006, 11:38 AM
Payment sent!

Marshall
01/10/2006, 01:55 PM
I sent my payment just now. THanks!

kabal2
01/10/2006, 05:07 PM
whitesquall can you get my stuff please i will pick them up from you, TIA
Gabriel
BTW payment sent
thank you guys

whitesquall
01/10/2006, 05:36 PM
no problem Gabriel, anyone else?

kabal2
01/10/2006, 05:58 PM
thank you buddy :D

spuzio
01/10/2006, 06:34 PM
whitesquall can you also pick up my order?

whitesquall
01/10/2006, 08:27 PM
spuzio... gotcha

simonmr
01/11/2006, 06:38 AM
payment sent.

whitesquall could you grab my stuff as well.

side note. Home Depot in the Livingston, NJ area has a ton of dow flake for anyone who is looking for it

whitesquall
01/11/2006, 07:25 AM
simonmr gotcha too

Phyl
01/11/2006, 09:04 AM
Still waiting on
The Tiler
Radiata

Thanks gang!

whitesquall
01/11/2006, 09:36 AM
Picking up for:
SALTH2O57=2R+5lbs+1mj606
simonmr=2R+5lbs
spuzio=3R+5lbs+2mj606
kabal2=5lbs+1mj606+2mj1200

correct me if I'm wrong.

Reefdrumz
01/11/2006, 10:37 AM
I have no idea where I am picking up from.. Where is the central pick up spot?

Thanks!

Reefdrumz
01/11/2006, 10:39 AM
Oh! I am the central pick up! lol!!

I really need to read things a little better

Phyl
01/11/2006, 11:00 AM
Brian, if you want to wait it out I can pick up from Hef & meet you up near the Outback for hand off. I don't have a delivery date yet for the other products though. Hopefully they'll be here by Friday or Saturday (depending on how they're coming).

Reefdrumz
01/11/2006, 11:02 AM
Okay....Whatever is easiest..as long as it doesn't interfere with my game this weekend! :)

Dom_P
01/11/2006, 01:18 PM
whitesquall can you get my stuff too?

Dom

ericp351
01/11/2006, 02:54 PM
whitesquall, can you pickup for me also?

Eric...

whitesquall
01/11/2006, 04:50 PM
Dom_P
ericp351

got u fellos to

salty28
01/11/2006, 04:55 PM
Whitesquall, can you make it one more?

whitesquall
01/11/2006, 06:26 PM
Picking up for:
SALTH2O57=2R+5lbs+1mj606
simonmr=2R+5lbs
spuzio=3R+5lbs+2mj606
kabal2=5lbs+1mj606+2mj1200
Dom_P=1R+mj606
ericp351=2R+9lbs+mj606
salty28=1R+5lbs+1mj606

GROSSR
01/11/2006, 06:53 PM
anyone dropping a pound or two???

rich

Phyl
01/13/2006, 08:38 AM
We've gotten payment from all but Radiata.

The media is in, but we're still waiting on delivery for the reactors and the pumps. The vendor needed to order a few more reactors from the supplier to fill the order and we hope to have them by the end of next week. I'll post as soon as I have shipping confirmation.

Thanks!

Hef
01/13/2006, 08:59 AM
If anyone wants to stop by for media this weekend, let me know. It would probably be best to wait for everything to come it, but if you want it now you can come by.

Marcelog
01/13/2006, 09:19 AM
Hef,

What size container does one need for 5#'s

Marcelo -

Dom_P
01/13/2006, 04:00 PM
To the folks that are having whitesquall pick up their stuff. Anyway we can "buck brigade" it further North?

I'm in Totowa... anybody between me and Whitesquall who's willing to get my stuff?

whitesquall
01/13/2006, 05:44 PM
Dom_P
give me an exit that your near, maybe I can help you out.

Hef
01/13/2006, 06:24 PM
5 lbs will fit snugly into a One Gallon Container. I weighed out the first 5 lbs and put it into a one gallon ziplock bag. I wouldnt suggest keeping it in this, it's pretty heavy for that type of bag, I would put it in a tupperware container. I'm going to go get some Ziplock bags tomorrow to start seperating it out.

Marcelog
01/13/2006, 08:07 PM
Thanks Hef. Now I gotta go find me a gallon container.

Marcelo -

Hef
01/13/2006, 08:21 PM
Well I'm playing the part of the Guinea Pig. I'm running 1/2 Cup of Media, or .196 lbs. Only about 1-1/4" high in the Reactor. They should make a style of Reactors 1/2 Height.
I'm running it with a MJ1200 with a valve almost fully closed.

The media has a lot more "fines" in it than Phosban. I never used Rowaphos before. I ran it in the sink for a good 10 minutes, a very fine reddish brown rust could be seen on my sink bottom. A very small amount of material but you dont want it in your tank. I say it's reddish brown, but the actual media is jet black.

In the reactor the media looks just like phosban, I've got it floating up just enough to see it move. I plan to run it only for a couple hours tonight, then start it back up tomorrow.

Marshall
01/13/2006, 08:27 PM
Are you using a high quality test kit or Salifert? Do you currently have detectable phosphates on Salifert? Thanks!

Hef
01/13/2006, 08:54 PM
I never detect Phosphates, with my Salifert or with a Tunze High Sensitivity kit.
I'm gonna go run a Salifert Test right now. I'll let you know.

Nope, my Salifert Test sees nothing.
I have no nuisance algae in my tank, but I do get an awful lot of slime on the glass in just a few days. I'm hoping to see an improvement there.

radiata
01/13/2006, 10:09 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6490043#post6490043 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Phyl
We've gotten payment from all but Radiata.

Phyl:

Sorry, hadn't realized I was delinquent...

Just completed PayPal.

Hef:

Please PM me with your availability for a pickup either this weekend (including MLK Monday) or next weekend...

Thanks,
Bob D.

Hef
01/13/2006, 10:33 PM
Tomorrow between 10:00 & 1:00 or anytime after 5:00. I'll be home Sunday also. I would prefer people come over Sunday, but Saturday is ok too. I still need some time to weigh everything out.

My Address
242 Hance Road
Fair Haven NJ. 07704
Phone 732-747-2132

Exit 109 Off GSP.
Take Half Mile Road To Front Street.
Make a Right on Front Street heading East.
About 2 miles you will go through downtown Red Bank. Continue on Front Street through Red Bank. About 1 mile
Front Street name changes to River Road as you enter Fair Haven.
First Traffic Light in Fair Haven is Hance Road.
Right on Hance Road.
Knollwood School is on the Right as you go down Hance, I'm the 4th house past the School.
#242.

Be warned, Hance Road is 25 mph, The Police are always watching by the School.

Phyl
01/14/2006, 06:28 AM
Also Bob, in case you missed it, we just have the media. The rest will be in during the week and we'll let you know on arrival!

Dom_P
01/14/2006, 11:40 AM
Whitesqual,

If I remeber right it's exit 163.

I love Jersey, only place in the US that people ask you what exit you're at :)

radiata
01/14/2006, 08:43 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6496009#post6496009 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Hef
I'll be home Sunday also. I would prefer people come over Sunday, but... Hef,

I'll be by on Sunday afternoon unless the weather gets worse than currently forecast.

Bob

Hef
01/15/2006, 11:18 PM
Whitesquall picked up Media today for everyone on his list. Couple of others stopped by as well. Had a real party going on over here.
One of them, I won't name names, was nice enough to test my water with a Very Cool piece of equipment. Yes I do have Phosphates. (.12ppm) 4 times higher than the .03 recommendation.
Hach Colorimeter. Very nice. Phyl, put that on your next GB list.

simonmr
01/17/2006, 08:45 PM
any update on the reactors?

Phyl
01/17/2006, 08:48 PM
I'll check on them in the AM.

whitesquall
01/18/2006, 09:23 PM
any updateon reactor's?

Phyl
01/18/2006, 09:42 PM
Hopefully in the morning. I got to them a little later than planned today.

kabal2
01/19/2006, 04:19 PM
any updates in the pumps???

Phyl
01/19/2006, 07:23 PM
They are expecting to have them "Late this week". I asked them for clarification... I'm hoping that means we'll have them by mid- to late- next week. As soon as I hear back I'll let you know!

simonmr
01/23/2006, 04:21 AM
update?
on reactor and pumps

simonmr
01/23/2006, 04:21 AM
update?
on reactor and pumps

Phyl
01/23/2006, 09:02 AM
Sending email as we speak...

Response back was they haven't arrived but they're on a truck scheduled for delivery. It shouldn't be long now before they're out the door.

I'll post again as soon as they ship (or in 2 days when I nag them again if I've not heard back from them).

Thanks for your patience and sorry for the delays!!

RichT
01/25/2006, 10:27 AM
Just got off the phone with Champion on an unrelated matter. On a yea by, I asked the guy on the phone about the reactors. He indicated they were shipped out to Hef's house yesterday.

whitesquall
01/25/2006, 10:59 AM
so then he should get them today.

finally!

Hef
01/25/2006, 11:22 AM
See if we can get a tracking #. I'd like to know when they are going to show up.

disney95
01/25/2006, 12:34 PM
hef what time during the week is good for a pickup I will be picking steve68 stuff up for him
thanks glenn

spuzio
01/25/2006, 12:36 PM
I know i have whitesquall picking up my stuff, but is anyone else from northern NJ picking up?

Reefdrumz
01/25/2006, 01:05 PM
Since I got into this buy late and missed out on the reactor media.. I am looking into getting RowaPhos since it seems readily available.. Is this decent stuff or total crap?

Thanks!

Phyl
01/25/2006, 01:31 PM
I'm waiting for a reply back from the vendor to let me know what the tracking info is. I'm surprised that I didn't get shipping notification (most places have that pretty well automated). I'll let you know when I hear back.

simonmr
01/25/2006, 01:38 PM
ROWAphos is the same stuff we got in group buy. I love it, I think it is the best stuff avaliable IMHO.

salty28
01/25/2006, 03:39 PM
I ordered some MH bulbs from Champion a few weeks ago. I figured since they were less that an hour's drive from my house, I'd get my order in a day or two. It took 10 days for them to ship my order and I got my notice of shipment a day AFTER I recieved my bulbs. When I called after a week of waiting, they said that they were very busy and the order would to out the next day. Good prices, but not impressed with their customer service.

Phyl
01/25/2006, 03:46 PM
Champion says it should be here tomorrow, they've gone out in today's shipping.

1Z 196 00X 03 4498 794 3

Hef
01/25/2006, 04:04 PM
Tracking info is not updated yet. Where is Champion Lighting? I wasnt aware they were local.

Phyl
01/25/2006, 05:16 PM
Pa, if I'm not mistaken.

whitesquall
01/25/2006, 05:16 PM
Every time i've ordered from them... I've gotten it the next day.

salty28
01/25/2006, 05:29 PM
It's just outside of Philly

steve68
01/25/2006, 09:16 PM
1Z 196 00X 03 4498 794 3
1Z 196 00X 03 4411 975 6
make sure u get both packages
UPS (http://wwwapps.ups.com/WebTracking/processRequest)

Phyl
01/25/2006, 09:17 PM
So why didn't they give ME two tracking numbers?! Arg! Me thinks you're well connected, Steve! Where were you when we couldn't find the second package on Tuesday?!

Hef
01/25/2006, 09:19 PM
Sure thing, Brown Man:)

Looks like it should be here tomorrow.

Got a pm from Glenn, he's gonna come get your stuff.

Hef
01/25/2006, 10:09 PM
Pickup Info.
I would really prefer everyone pick up their stuff on Saturday or Sunday.
I'm working late tomorrow and Friday I will be home after 7:00.
I'm home pretty much all day Saturday except from 1:00 to 2:00 - Coaching Basketball.

Lets try to straighten out who is picking up for who. Let me know your plan for coming by, so I can work out my day.

My Address
242 Hance Road
Fair Haven NJ. 07704
Phone 732-747-2132

Exit 109 Off GSP. Exit 109 is not available from the Express Lanes (Right Ralph?) From the North, make a left at the Light after paying toll. Immediatly after going back under the Parkway bear right into Jughandle for Half Mile Road.
From the North the Exit puts you inline with Half Mile Road. Just go straight through the light, do not bear right onto 520.

Take Half Mile Road To Front Street.
Make a Right on Front Street heading East.
About 2 miles you will go through downtown Red Bank. Continue on Front Street through Red Bank. About 1 mile
Front Street name changes to River Road as you enter Fair Haven.
First Traffic Light in Fair Haven is Hance Road.
Right on Hance Road.
Knollwood School is on the Right as you go down Hance, I'm the 4th house past the School.
#242.

Be warned, Hance Road is 25 mph, The Police are always watching by the School.

steve68
01/25/2006, 10:21 PM
i was sleeping :) in the back of my brown truck

the tiler
01/26/2006, 05:53 AM
Hef
I will pick up on Saturday
I have to go pick up the Acan From Kimberly
So I wiil do Both

Jason

Reefdrumz
01/26/2006, 07:52 AM
Hef,

I would like to pickup on Saturday as well.

Phyl
01/26/2006, 07:56 AM
I'll be there Saturday sometime between 10 & 11.