PDA

View Full Version : Acjr Temp Going Crazy!

leeweber85
12/27/2005, 12:15 PM
Everything was fine up until now when I woke up and noticed my lights started to come on and then turned off. I looked at the temp and it was over 82 degrees and its normally at 79.3 .. I looked at the log and it was running fine until about 10-11 last night where it had a jumped around and inclined up to 83.2 about 15 minutes ago. My 2 digital corallife thermometers are reading 76.5 and 76.2 and the ACJR is jumping all over the place. I tried cleaning the probe and wiggling it and unpluging/replugging but its not helping. could there be an interference issue? nothing has changed on the setup and its been running fine for a few months.

What the heck is going on!!! I'm angry!

leeweber85
12/27/2005, 12:21 PM
ACJR currently staying stable at 79.1 but the other 2 thermometers are reading 76.5 and 76.8

leeweber85
12/28/2005, 02:01 AM
Ok, everything was fine for a couple hours, now I come back home and the ACJR is reading 104 and still jumping all around. Could this be something wrong with the temp probe or something in the tank causing interference?

clp
12/28/2005, 10:50 AM
I would guess that there is some appliance/device which can cause interference on the Jr's temperature probe, however, I have not seen it personally or heard of anyone else having this kind of problem. You can look at the datalog and see when the erratic temperature readings start, and see if that is correlated with anything turn on.
Try wiggling the probe/cable and see if you can cause erratic readings. Check the probe and cable for any physical damage. Also take a look at the connector, and check for corrosion. Also you can try power cycling the controller.

Curt

leeweber85
12/28/2005, 01:14 PM
I should mention that I'm using the DC8.

I'm almost positive it has something to do with the probe. It was reading at 104 out of the water.... normally when I take it out of the water it reads a very low number in the 60s. I looked at the logs to see if it happened when the lights came on but the times when it has happened have nothing to do with any of the timers unless it has something to do with with the powerheads that are setup using the wavemaking feature.

I've tried unpluging the connector and see no problems with the connection, and when I do the temp drops to into the 20s.

I've tried wiggling it, and while I thought that had helped before, I didn't notice any difference the 2nd time.

What do you mean by power cycling the controller?

clp
12/29/2005, 10:40 AM
To power cycling just unplug the ac adapter for 10 seconds, and then reapply power. If power cycling doesn't help, please give us a call 408-578-3022, and we'll your exchange temperature probe.

Curt

leeweber85
12/30/2005, 01:12 PM
It has been working properly for the last 2 days. I have my heater plugged in to a normal wall outlet for now to see if it will continue to work properly. If it happens again, I'll give you a call.

Thanks,
Lee

leeweber85
12/30/2005, 01:15 PM
OK, I lied. I just went upstairs and noticed my lights were off. I looked at the controller and it read 107!

leeweber85
01/05/2006, 09:11 PM
I'm almost afraid to say it, so I'm knocking on wood as I speak, but the new probe seems to be working perfectly fine. I'm curious if you found anything wrong with the one I sent back?

clp
01/06/2006, 10:41 AM
We haven't received the old probe yet.

Curt