PDA

View Full Version : Aquacontroller suppliers

1SickReefer
12/31/2005, 08:49 PM
I was wondering why none of the authorized dealers have the ACIII for sale. The only place I can find it is on the actual Neptune website, which it appears does not take AMEX . I am NOT looking for the ACIIIPRO or the ACPRO. Only the ACIII.

My order would have consisted of,

ACIII combo with temp sensor, DC 8, 1 Std PH probe.
(1) extra std PH probe
(5) 7.0 cal
(5) 10.0 cal

for a total of 694.30. I went to the checkout screen and saw only Visa and MC how about Paypal?

I tell yah this is just my luck.

Please let me know what can be done if anything.

DrBDC
01/01/2006, 08:58 AM
check www.thereefstop.com

kattner
01/01/2006, 11:25 AM
You're gonna really like the ACIII!! I have the pro unit and couldn't live without it.

DrBDC
01/01/2006, 11:32 AM
Do you have the 3 pro or the prior version just labeled pro?

1SickReefer
01/01/2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the link doc. Thats just what I was looking for.

1SickReefer
01/01/2006, 12:04 PM
Should I be getting the lab grade PH probes or the std one? Is there really a differrence in the readings or how long they last? I plan to use one in a ca rx and the other the the sump.

Looking to get by cheap as possible, I just had to admit my dog last night at 3am for some type of disease he was diagnosed with. A nice $800 vet bill is always nice. I rang in the new year in my truck in the parking lot of the vets. Should be able to pick him up tonight.

Thanks again DrBDC!!

DrBDC
01/01/2006, 12:42 PM
I really don't know on the probes. I think I'm going to do the lab grade but I don't want to waste money either so,,,,, My pinpoint pH probe has done very well for me but I don't know what quality that falls under. If it's a standard probe then it's good enough for me. Maybe the ORP ones are more critical on quality. I guess I need to study up on that too. More reading and searching. Never ends.

Sorry to hear about your dog and your evening. At least you get him back and that's always good news.

1SickReefer
01/01/2006, 12:59 PM
Thanks Dr, you so right it is always good to get them back. It was just so heart wrenching to see him go from one of the most active/energetic healthy dogs, to one that could not jump up on the couch in 1 1/2 weeks because he was so weak.

I think I am just going to go with the std probes, but I am going to ask Neptune on Tuesday and see what his thoughts are.

Thanks and Happy New Year

1SickReefer
01/02/2006, 04:33 PM
I am a proud new owner of an ACIII comb package. :dance: with temp, dc8, lab grade PH probe :D Thanks again for the link DrBDC. They had great prices I also got the 3 day shipping so I "should" have it by the end of the week :D, all for less than 7 bills

I am going to run a cat 5 from my router tonight to my tank And I am also going to get my Schuran jet1 plumbed, I mounted it last night. Media is soaking in rodi :D, New JBJ gauges should have been here last week :(

Question Do I have to have aquanotes also, even though the ACIII has the webserver built in? I think I only need that if I want to do the graphs correct? but to monitor/control only no AN right?

I am so excited. :dance: :smokin:

DrBDC
01/02/2006, 04:52 PM
I "think" you only need it to do data logging/import. But ??

1SickReefer
01/02/2006, 05:11 PM
I think you are right, but i think I also read you can setup Microsoft excel to capture the data??

Any AC users out there that can chime in?

kbecker
01/02/2006, 06:28 PM
I dont use aquanotes at all. I just interface the controller via a web browser. To do my graphing and webpage (which is in the works) I use excel.

Here is the tread where I discuss this with another potential ac3 user.

Tank Monitoring Web Server... Neptune controllers can do this? (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=738215)

Here is a link to a new html page I am working on. It will be updated via scripts. It is still work in progress so it's not all that pretty. Also the ORP numbers are off, that is because the probe is not connected.

Test Tank status page (http://www.chapmanpictures.com/test/ac3/status.htm)