PDA

View Full Version : Valintini puffer in reef tank?

viggen
01/01/2006, 12:48 AM
A friend is tearing down his reef tank & is willing to pretty much give everything to me. I have a 90g with a coral banded shrim & no fish due to me killing my hawk....long sad story :(

So he has the following fish to give me which are in his 75g tank

Blue hep tang
valentini puffer
tomato clown
scopas tang -- I think that's what he is

So, I know most of these would work but I am not sure on the puffer. I am just into anemones thus I do not plan on having anything to elaborate in there.

thanks & happy new year :)

Denadai
01/01/2006, 10:42 AM
My brother has a valentine....but he eats SPS...soft and LPS no problem

reef runt
01/01/2006, 11:03 AM
i knkw a few ppl with them in there softie/LPS and sps reef and hes brill! ;) go for it

viggen
01/01/2006, 11:17 AM
sweet.... sounds like I will take his stuff & possibly get a free tank as well :)

JENnKerry
01/01/2006, 03:32 PM
They eat inverts though.

edwar050
09/30/2006, 10:20 AM
Ironically I have had mine with a cleaner shrimp for nearly two years. The only thing ive seen it touch were a couple of snails and a couple bites of monti cap. It just depends on the valentini. Good luck-

Angel*Fish
09/30/2006, 05:07 PM
To chime in - I had one in an LPS/softy tank - no probs - but he did have a taste for turbo snail and I suspect that he may have done some minor fin nipping of my maroon clowns while they were sleeping - probably getting them back for being such beasties during the day - lol

They are v-e-r-y cool fish. Mine used to get spooked by the hand in the tank and jumped once because of it - I scooped up the little round golfball and dumped him back in - he was spooked but got over it after a day or so.

They maybe are more intelligent than some of the other fish - just a guess -