PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the optical sensor

Armando
01/07/2006, 09:48 AM
I have the following configuration: 2 streams, 1 wavebox, 1 multicontroller 7095 and the wavemaker. I connect the wavebox as "extern" to the multicontroller (slave cable).

Questions i have:

1) The optical sensor attached to the multicontroller is not turning down the wavebox at night. Should it? For now I plugged the additional sensor to the wavemaker so the box turns off at night.

2) How sensitive the optical sensors are? I have a moving light rail and there is no spot in the tank where it is super bright for the entire day. I would like the pumps to be on during the entire photoperiod but i think it is turning off when the light moves away from where the sensor is, leaving it under a less-than-superbright lighting.

rvitko
01/07/2006, 09:57 AM
1) The wavebox needs it's own photocell.

2) I couldn't say exactly, I don't think you should have a problme though if the light is even bright enough to read by.

Armando
01/07/2006, 11:29 AM
Thanks Roger.

I have a couple of other questions (not related to optical)

3) I ordered the transformers to upgrade my 6000 to 61000s. Do you know how long it takes to get it delivered? I ordered from Premium, to be dropshipped.

4) The wavebox manual tells me that I should set the multicontroller to "Interval" for my configuration. Is it the "Interval 1", "Interval 2" that the manual is reffering to?

rvitko
01/07/2006, 03:17 PM
3) I am not sure, I know we got some last week and filled every order we had.

4) Interval one if you want the wavebox turned off for periods of time, Interval 2 if you don't.

Armando
01/13/2006, 06:06 PM
i'm finding it too difficult to have the ambient lighting to control the sensor. it activates when i turn the room lights on etc (i dont use canopy).

So what I am going to do is put the two sensors in a black box facing a small light bulb or LED controlled by a timer.

rvitko
01/14/2006, 07:28 PM
It probably isn't to big of a deal. In the big picture most of these things are more toys that make us happy and give us a pleasure knowing we have realistically simulated a reef condition but for the animals, assuming you aren't up all night it probably isn't a big deal if night mode doesn't start until midnight and you lights went off at 8.