PDA

View Full Version : ACIII Temp issues

1SickReefer
01/08/2006, 04:00 PM
Curt,

My temp on my ACIII is reading about 2 deg off from my reference temp which is a coralife digi therm.

When I init memory the offset is .5 deg

Was my temp probe calibrated to a NIST reference?? From what I can tell the temp probe was packed with the ACIII but I am not certain.

Also the manual says that it was calibrated already and there is no need, but than it says it can be changed to match a reference temp. ?? not sure what to beleive here, please advise

Thanks,
Jason

kbecker
01/08/2006, 04:47 PM
I am not curt, but I am not sure if the coralife is a good reference as it accurrate by +/- 1.5 degrees. I would look for a more accurrate thermometer (at least +/- 0.5) for a good reference in absense of a NIST.

clp
01/08/2006, 06:35 PM
The AC3 should be +-0.5. We have calibrated them to a NIST traceable source.

Curt

1SickReefer
01/08/2006, 06:47 PM
Sweet curt, thats what I thought. Thanks for the Sunday evening reply :) I do really like the ACIII so far. I got it all hooked up to my router and email alerts working great and remote access too :)

Question, Can I use one of the plugs on the DC 8 power bar to connect a heavy duty home depot power strip? I would like to put my "always on" stuff like return pump, CL pump, Skimmer, etc. Stuff that I want on 24H but want to go off with the feed timer. This way I dont use up a plug for each one of those that stay on 24/7 anyway.

Again, thanks for the fast answer.
Jason

1SickReefer
01/08/2006, 06:51 PM
O, and I read about the 6amp per outlet rule and my stuff that I want to run off the power strip does not come close to that. It actually leaves like 2 amp to spare for something small on the other plug on that outlet.

LMK,
Jason

1SickReefer
01/09/2006, 03:07 PM
? ^

clp
01/09/2006, 06:39 PM
Yes, you can plug a power strip into one of the DC8 outlets, just don't exceed the capacity of the individual outlet. BTW, if you want a faster response, please email as I usually only check the forums once a day.

Curt

1SickReefer
01/09/2006, 08:37 PM
Cool thanks curt. One more question

I want the controller to send sms messages to my cell. I have the SMTP sever setup and working, however the address for my cell is 1234567890@messaging.sprintpcs.com this will not fit on the screen. I can't get the .com on the end. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

clp
01/10/2006, 11:29 AM
The current limit is 31 characters on email to addresses. Take a look at some of the free email forwarding services: http://www.emailaddresses.com/email_forward.htm, and you should easily be able work around the limitation.

Curt

1SickReefer
01/10/2006, 05:52 PM
Hi Curt,
You say the current limit, is there plans in the future upgrade the FW to allow for more, or can aquanotes accept more chars now? the link you have there does not work, but it does take me to the main site. I basically need a pop3 with email forwarding correct?. than I have the aquacontroller send the email to it than it sends the sms from there correct?