PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI 17ppm. Ok to use?

Redhaze
01/14/2006, 10:08 AM
Brand new 4 stage 100GPD RO/DI unit with 2 bottom pods containing the RO prefilter and RO Carbon. RO Membrane and in-line DI on top. Ive flused the bottom two pods as per instrcutions and then ran over night the RO Membrane. Now all set back up the water is testing 17ppm the same as when tested the RO. My thinking was the DI would bring this down to near 0???

Is this water ok to still use? I was under the impression the anything under 10ppm is fine? Our normal tap is testing at 400+ppm.

Any help wold be much appreciated.

Dubbin1
01/14/2006, 10:23 AM
Well 17ppm is better then your tap. It sounds like something may be wrong in the DI area of your unit.

Dave A
01/14/2006, 10:26 AM
If that is a new unit then I wouldn't settle for 17ppm, you should get 0ppm. What is the TDS of the source water? I wonder if you have the filters hooked up in the right order. The order should be; Pre-filter - carbon filter - membrane - DI stage.

Dave

radone
01/14/2006, 10:30 AM
I'm thinking you may need to calibrate your TDS meter, if these are small DI cartidges you may need to add another as the capacity might not be enough any pics of your system?

Redhaze
01/14/2006, 10:34 AM
Source water is 450+ppm. It not a new unit just I updated all the membranes/DI etc. Definately all set up correctly and all cables securely fitted into each pod. No leakes within the unit.

I rang up where i got it from and they said to run over night just the RO which i did. As before I tested the RO and it the same as it is now with the Di. Im now running the unit fully to see if after a few extra gallons it brings it dow?

Anything else guys??? Straching my head here....

Redhaze
01/14/2006, 10:36 AM
sorry guys i forgot to add that its a new TDS meter and unfortunately no pics of the unit.