PDA

View Full Version : no more blue linkia

reg828
01/14/2006, 08:19 PM
I just bought blue linkia for one week. and last night, when i was cleaning my aquarium and moved some rocks, i lift the linkia up and look under it if it was still alive. but, when i look under of the linkia lots of wasted grossy stuff came out of the linkia. then, i realized it was wasted and dead. I was glad i found it out and took him out of the tank. I dont know why linkia doesnt live very long in captivity. anyway, I have fun watching my chocolate chip starfish than the blue linkia. the blue linkia doesnt move a lot and it just wasting and die.

PatMayo
01/14/2006, 08:27 PM
Why buy something that is difficult and hard to keep in the first place?

Research before you buy and you too will be able to reduce the un-needed livestock death.

If you did reserach then I would assume that your tank is not ready for such critters or it was sick when you got it.

Regards,

Pat

Avi
01/14/2006, 09:33 PM
There is a lot of controversy about keeping these Blue Linkias in a reef. Most likely, the biggest problems arise out of trying to keep them in a tank that isn't loaded with live rock and not mature enough to support what they require for nutrition. That...and....difficulties involving stress in shipping and acclimitization. IF you want to try another...I would urge you to wait untill your tank is really settled in, and then....put a hold on the starfish at the fish store to make sure it lasts at least a week there. Then, if you do decide to take one home, acclimate it using the drip method for three hours.

Therbligs
01/14/2006, 09:35 PM
Knock on wood. I have had a blue for 4 months. Spends most of the time in the rock work.

How did you aclimate him? I did a drip for 2 hours, and never let him be out of water for even a second. Air can be more stressful than water quality. They do better in larger tanks

Sorry about your loss.

scubasteve247
01/14/2006, 10:07 PM
you might want to work on your english and grammar too, thread was hard to follow, had to read over twice. sure do like the word wasted huh?

jezzeaepi
01/14/2006, 10:15 PM
And you should work on being a little less ego centric. This is a collection of people from around the world, not jsut those who speak your language perfectly.

scubasteve247
01/14/2006, 10:19 PM
yes, but hes from portland OR

just seems like he could have spent 30 more seconds on his post making it much clearer.

jezzeaepi
01/14/2006, 10:31 PM
"much more clearer"? =P

scubasteve247
01/14/2006, 10:36 PM
lol

jgoodrich71
01/14/2006, 11:17 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6502244#post6502244 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scubasteve247
(Y)you might want to work on your english and grammar too, (this) thread was hard to follow, (I) had to read over (it) twice. (You)sure do like the word wasted huh?

Those in glass houses....:p

JRPhd
01/14/2006, 11:26 PM
yeah, but the content of the post is the most troubling. Seemed like their was a lack of caring. Like, oh well lost another, it was boring anyway...

supernareg
01/15/2006, 12:42 AM
2 hour drip? lol for my 6 leg!! orange linkia i took 2 mL of water and put it in its container while floating in the tank for about 30 min then i dropped it in. was 3 months ago :) still alive.