PDA

View Full Version : BTA gone?

rgasco1
01/15/2006, 03:39 PM
Has anyone heard of a BTA being destroyed by the clown it was hosting. I introduced them to my new tank and after 2 days the clown took to it. The next day the BTA was gone and only a small piece of the foot remained attached and small pieces of green left in the tank. Any ideas on what happened?

danschibi
01/16/2006, 07:54 PM
Do you have a starfish? I woke 2 mornings ago to see that mine had eatten a portion of my BTA. BTA seems fine though. Star will be going.

rgasco1
01/16/2006, 11:45 PM
No, I don' t have a starfish. Only 2 clowns and a banded goby. I did just move tanks and maybe the move caused it do become frail and the clown being in it caused it damage... although it looked very healthy the night before. The only thing I found was a piece of the foot still mounted to the rock. Maybe it sucked in really tight to protect itself and I only thought it was dead. Not really sure. Thanks for the input.

hcahan
01/17/2006, 09:55 AM
It may have moved back into the rocks somwhere. I had one do that and it took a few days before i found it again....by then it had split :)

imbuggin
01/17/2006, 10:25 AM
mine split into three was happy the clowns were in them. One day all three gone???

rgasco1
01/17/2006, 02:46 PM
I wish it was just out of sight. The only thing left was what was left of the foot still attached to the rock. Not really sure what happened to it but there were pieces of it floating aroung the tank.