PDA

View Full Version : Sick Shark!!!

aquateen87
01/15/2006, 03:57 PM
When I first purchased my banded cat shark, he had red sores on the bottom of him, however they cleared up for the most part and became minimal. Also, he was a hatchling so he was only a few days old. A couple of weeks have passed since I bought him and he has been fine. But in the past couple of days his belly has became very red and irritated. I need help because I cant find out whats wrong with him especially because my water quality is very good. PLEASE HELP!!!

TerryB
01/15/2006, 07:20 PM
Take a close look at the quality of foods that you are giving it. All foods should be stored in the freezer. Tainted foods can lead to internal bacterial infection. Also, over feeding can be an issue. If the fish is fed too often or too much at one feeding the food can literally begin to rot in their stomach leading to food posioning and/or a bacterial infection in the digestive tract. Look at the feeding harbits and consider an antibiotic treatment in quarantine. If the fish is still eating then there are some choices of antibiotics that can be added to the food.

Terry B

Puffer Queen
01/15/2006, 07:26 PM
Aquateen87,

What type of substrate do you have in your tank?

Have you seen your shark eat?

Is it only a couple weeks old?

Kelly

hanas
01/16/2006, 11:02 AM
What type of substrate are you using?

Puffer Queen
01/20/2006, 07:02 AM
Aquateen87,

Any updates?

Kelly