PDA

View Full Version : B-ionic concentrate.........UUUGGHHH!!

BIGGUN
01/18/2006, 02:51 AM
WOW,..... just got the B-ionic concentrate and added a couple of ounces more RO water (275-280 instead of 266) to the Alk part and mixed and mixed and mixed and heated and mixed and mixed and UUUUUHHHHHed and mixed and then got bored with not being able to get the precipitate to mix out. So I figured I'd sit down here with my rubber like arms and type a little. I put the 5 gallon pail on the heater to let it sit over night and will start shaking again in the morning.

Has anyone else had this much fun with their's??

Thanks,
Kevin

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/18/2006, 10:06 AM
Letting it sit on the heater overnight ought to do the trick (at least it did for me). :)

BIGGUN
01/18/2006, 10:19 AM
I was too impatient..........I put 2 or 3 gals in a pot on the stove and heated it to about 200 degrees, poured it back in and shook it like crazy. It seems to have done the trick.

Thanks,
Kevin

Randy Holmes-Farley
01/18/2006, 10:25 AM
:thumbsup:

Happy Reefing. :)

ostrow
01/18/2006, 05:59 PM
You think you have rubber arms, try mixing Randy's homemade alk component. Heating that did zilch ... I filled my basin with scalding hot water and put my 5G bucket in there. Stuff was still solid. Powerheads just jam. Can't get it to dissolve at all. Makes the ESV stuff seem easy now.

But can't afford that stuff long-term!!

BIGGUN
01/18/2006, 09:22 PM
I've never had a problem with that yet. I always boil my RO water before adding it and freshly bake my baking soda at 325 for an hour or so to make sure there's no extra H2O in it. I put about 3/4 of a gallon of HOT RO water in the gallon then add the baked baking soda and SHAKE like crazy. Then I top the gallon off with the rest of the water. Has always worked like a charm for me. If you measuring right then make sure your RO filter is in good shape.

Kevin

BeanAnimal
01/18/2006, 10:20 PM
I don't heat.... but I do add the Baked Soda slowely. If you pour it in to fast, then you get cement.