PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a few good fish

cuda6872
01/18/2006, 09:08 AM
I am looking for a fish that will put a stop to my flatworm infestation in my 90gallon reef. Is there any that stay somewhat small (2"- 3") , is reef safe & will thrive with peacefull & semi agressive fish?

Tyrosinase
01/18/2006, 09:39 AM
6-line wrass.

techigirl78
01/18/2006, 11:55 AM
Some target mandarins and scooter blennies eat them. I have seen my hoeven's wrasse eat flatworms, but they get to about 5" and may go after shrimp and stuff.

fishermania
01/18/2006, 01:29 PM
I agree with techgirl. I have had a couple of these and these eat every worm they see. They are peaceful though. They leave all of my fish, corals, crabs, snails, and shrimps alone. Here is a link.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=2285

RLMainers
01/18/2006, 02:52 PM
We saw our mandarin take one down one night. It was awesome!

cuda6872
01/19/2006, 11:12 AM
I went lastnight & bought a 6-line ($30) and payed a little more than I should have due to the fact that all the F.S.'s in the area can't seem to keep them in stock for more than 3 days before they are sold out. My blue sided fairy wrass is behaving but my purple psudochromis bit the little 6-line in the mouth just seconds after added. Now today his lips are showing puffy white marks. It is eating but I fear that within a week it might not make it due to stress and damage from my constantly harrassing purple psudo. Catching either one will prove to be impossible so now I have to play the waiting game. I hope that the lil guy makes it as that would be one expensive meal for the brittle star. thanks for all your input, I think i'll look into adding a mandrin within the next few days. But which one??? green or spotted??? both are wicked looking. Guess I'll let my 3year lod daughter pick this one. Thanks again everyone.