PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinion on these two T5 lights PLEASE

FishMaster1000
01/19/2006, 04:45 PM
Hey guys I have a 28 gallon bowfront I am going to turn into a reef. I was looking into either getting the Current Usa Nova Extreme HO 4 bulb fixture. Or I came across this fixture from aquamedic http://www.customaquatic.com/customaquatic/itemdetail.asp?itemid=LT-AB75103
Please do not say Tek because I do not want to spend that amount on a small reef for my bedroom. It will be LPS only maybe a few softies. If I can get away with one or two sps great if not its no big deal. So which do you reccomend? I really cannot find anything at all on that aquamedic one. Let me know.

horkn
01/19/2006, 06:23 PM
well, unless you have individual parabolic reflectors for each bulb, you wont get the most out of your t5hos. but, after seeing that you dont want sps really, i think either of those units will do fine really...

my t5ho setup is very bright, and really too much for most lps, unless they are down low in the tank.

theres another option that5 wont be very expensve and has decent reflectors. let me look it up, they are a vendor here

horkn
01/19/2006, 06:25 PM
i was thinking aquatinics, they have 36 and 48" units..

FishMaster1000
01/19/2006, 09:16 PM
Thanks, yea I believe they should be fine since I really do not want SPS, maybe a few easier ones up high in the tank. There a notch higher than PC so why not go for them! Cant wait to get this tank setup!!

FishMaster1000
01/21/2006, 12:18 PM
BuMp....Anyone Else have some insight??