PDA

View Full Version : Yet another new fish list - for my 135g

bigdee65
01/20/2006, 01:46 PM
Hey all!!! So I currently have a 135g FOWLR which crashed about a month ago due to my 18" Jeweled moray eel getting into the pumbling and causing the display to overflow and trip the breaker. The only fish that survived the crash was my 4" Clarkii Clown which I have had for over a year and a half. Before the crash I was running an aggressive FOWLR which housed a Porcupine puffer, Rectangle Trigger, Kole Tang, Jeweled Moray eel, Clarkii Clown and a Blue Line Trigger.

Now that I am starting with somewhat of an empty tank I am going to try and add smaller more community type fish as I would like to see more life in the tank. Maybe somewhere down the line I might add a coral or two but for now the only requirement is keeping a clean up crew which I was unable to do in the past.

So here is my incomplete list. I will not be getting all the fish but I would like to keep as many as possible without crowding the tank.

Current fish:
-4" Clarkii Clown
-4" Pakastani Butterfly (has been in QT for about 6 weeks)

Want List
-Juvi Clarkii Clown to pair current
-Flame Angel
-Powder Brown Tang (japonicus)
-Harem of Anthias - Bartletts or Lyretail (3-4 Female/1 Male)
-Wrasse of some sort
-Goby of some sort (Orangemarked, Sleeper Gold Head, Tiger or Randal's Goby)
-Pair of Firefish

Any input on this list would be great. Would you add/remove anything? Should they be added in a certain order?

Thanks in advance!

fishermania
01/20/2006, 02:14 PM
I think the list looks great.

Make sure that the Anthias are put in all at the same time.

You could try for a harem of wrasses too.

You want to watch the firefish. They have a tendancy to get very skittish with active fish the tang and anthias could cause them to hide constantly. Any of those gobies would do nicely you have a pair of those. The only thing you may have order consequences depends what type of wrasse you want.

BTTRFLYGRL
01/20/2006, 02:29 PM
List looks good except I would be cautious adding corals w/ a Butterfly. Flames are also 'ify'
I have an Iridis Wrasse that is just beautiful! Great community fish. They are unfortunately hard to come by

SDguy
01/20/2006, 05:00 PM
If you're going to have sand (which I assume you are since you mention fish like golden head sleepers) I'd make sure all decor/rocks are solidly on PVC sections burried in the sand or something similar, so the gobies don't undermine your aquascaping, as they are prodigous diggers. Same goes for goby/pistol shrimp pairs and such.

hth

bigdee65
01/20/2006, 06:03 PM
Thanks all for the help :)

fishermania - I was thinking of a harem of flasher wrasses but I will have to look into that more. As for the fire fish I heard they get skittish so I might pass on them.

BTTRFLYGRL - If I decide to add corals later on I will just take the chance and see what happens with the butterfly.

SDguy - I currently have sand in the tank but no PVC structure. Before I add the gobies I will make sure the rock structure is extra stable. My eel used to dig under the rocks all the time and I haven't had a rock budge yet (knock on wood).

If I remove the fire fish and add say 3 wrasse to that list and 2 gobies (hoping for a pair) then would I be maxing out my tank? Or does anyone have an suggestions for other additions?

Thanks again!

bigdee65
01/21/2006, 01:45 PM
bump, any more help?