PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever seen these?

EvilMel
01/22/2006, 12:52 PM
Hi, here's my zoos. I have recently re-discovered them in the back of my tank and now that I see them up close, I really like them. They were given to me years ago by a friend.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/EvilMel77/IMG_0481.jpg

gflat65
01/22/2006, 02:15 PM
Nice, Mel:).

EvilMel
01/22/2006, 02:41 PM
Really it's more like...Nice, Art. Because he can take really freaking great pictures of my zoos. I just can't get those good macro shots like he can, ya know? No tripod!

AIMFish
01/22/2006, 04:42 PM
Nice looking zoo's, the green in the skirts is very unique:)

EvilMel
01/22/2006, 05:19 PM
I thought so too but there's a guy who posted on here just before I did who also has green on the skirts like that. I was pretty surprised since I had never seen that and I was getting on here to post about whether anyone had seen anything like it.

Mrs.kbmdale
01/22/2006, 05:33 PM
EvilMel, those are perdy!! :D That bit of green on the skirts is pretty cool lookin.

BTW, what kinda tang is that in your avatar? And I'm assuming it hasn't been photoshopped, it is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I don't particularly like tangs, but that one I might have to get if my tank will allow for it.

Hey, ask Art if he'd be willing to make a trip to Fayetteville :lol: j/k
Art, awesome picture taking.

Brianna:rollface:

EvilMel
01/22/2006, 05:38 PM
Hah hah. Art is awesome at taking pictures huh? You should see his ducktaped tripod too!

The tang in my avatar is a Naso Tang, which I do not advise anyone to get. No, she hasn't been photoshopped but her the section behind her eye looks a lot more yellow in real life (versus greenish in the picture). She will grow to be about 18" long but currently she's about 7.5". These guys are murder on your bioload, to the tune of 25g water changes once a week in my tank! I didn't know then what I know now so I am providing her with the best home possible and aspire to have a 10'+ sized tank in the near future. If I were remotely responsible, and if I had to do it all over again, I woulda waited until I had the 10' tank before I purchased a fish of this type. Anyways, that's my opinion about it...now that you have an earful!

Thanks about the zoas!

Mrs.kbmdale
01/22/2006, 05:46 PM
Ah, too bad :( My tank is nowhere NEAR big enough for her, Thanks for the info though, she's still gorgeous. What about her personality? I ask because maybe in 10-15 YEARS :lol: when kids are out and I can afford a big enough tank, I will get one. Though this will probably never happen :rolleyes:

Oh and I'm lmao off at the ducktaped tripod! :D

Ti
01/22/2006, 06:04 PM
Nice stuff

EvilMel
01/22/2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks Ti!

Brianna...Naso Tangs are one of the most peaceful of the tangs. My only other fish are really small (like greenbanded gobies and a midas blenny) and she totally hangs out with them. She doesn't scare them at all because they know she'd never go after them.

tangey
01/22/2006, 06:23 PM
nice zoos

Mrs.kbmdale
01/22/2006, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the info again :) That's cool to know though, cause I have small fishies too!

EvilMel
01/22/2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks Tangey.

NP Brianna!

awcurl
01/22/2006, 07:10 PM
Mel! You weren't suppose to tell anyone about the tripod.:)

CoralNutz
01/22/2006, 07:12 PM
They look like these...

http://www.zoaid.com/index.php?module=pnGallery2&func=main&g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=849

They will color up nice :thumbsup:

EvilMel
01/22/2006, 07:38 PM
I know, I know...I wasn't supposed to mention the ducktape! But it was so funny that you get such great pictures from such a decrepit tripod.

You know, they kinda do look like those but the center is in no way purple. Nor will it ever be purple in my tank because I have already had them for about 7 years. I don't think the colors will change much; not in my tank at least! hah hah. Not after all that time.

In the first picture that you sent me, they totally don't look like that. But in the one that you took, CoralNutz, the one on the right that was taken on the 15th...yeah it totally looks like that. So I guess I don't get to name another zoa! Well that's cool. Thanks for finding that for me!

loyalty
01/22/2006, 11:03 PM
wow, those are nice. i've never seen a stripe skirted zoa