PDA

View Full Version : Sick Clown Fish

Chris Guerra
01/22/2006, 05:42 PM
Anyone know what is wrong with this guy and what I can do to help? He had a white patch on his side since new years. I had him in a 25 gal tank at the time and dosed it with pimafix and metafix for a week. I thought the mark seemed to get better, so I brought him home. Now, about a week later, he has more marks on his other side. I don't think it is ich, the marks look more like cloudy scabs. I would start dosing with the meds again, but it would take a lot to dose 80 gallons of water in the tank. I'll never be able to get him out though - any suggestions? does this look like a bacterial infection, or was it coincidence that the meds seemed to work. I've also heard of clownfish desease, but I'm not familiar with that.

MNreefer386
01/23/2006, 04:20 PM
He still looks like he's colored up pretty well considering the issues which is a good sign. Clownfish are really tough. Is he still eating? I'd say add a cleaner shrimp but not if you've been putting medications in the water. Maybe a neon goby? IMO they clean better anyway but I don't know if they can tolerate medications that well either.