PDA

View Full Version : DI cartridge? Vendor that used to support RC is no longer listed

Ralistin
01/23/2006, 08:24 AM
I bought a Oceanus 4 stage from a company that I cannot recall the name of. It was mainly a water purification company and was based in Florida. Anyways, I need to buy a new DI cartridge and can no longer find them. I used to just call them and order more as needed. Will any DI cartridge work on a Oceanus and if not, how do I know what I need? I suppose the measurements is all that is important.

If anyone can recall the name of this company please PM me as I am not sure if they will allow such a post. Also, can Di cartridges be bought locally? Any chain carry them that is wide spread?

HotHotHot
01/23/2006, 09:20 AM
If you have a standard 10" cartridge, any will work. I bought a refillable one and bulk resin from www.airwaterice.com

HTH
Ed

RicksReefs
01/23/2006, 09:42 AM
airwaterice is in florida as is aquatic reef systems (ARS).

moonpod
01/23/2006, 09:44 AM
you can also get those di things from reefgeek.com

the oceanus is an aquatic reef systems product I believe.

Ralistin
01/23/2006, 09:50 AM
Aquaticreefsystems.com is what I was looking for. Thanks guys.

d4a2n0k
01/23/2006, 10:50 AM
I wouldnt order anthing from them at the moment. The owner has been ill and there is nobody taking care of business. If you place an order on their website you will not receive your order and there will be nobody to talk to when you dont get your stuff.

Ralistin
01/23/2006, 10:54 AM
Yeah, i noticed I cannot get to anyone.

What are my other options for a di cartridge for the four stage Oceanus? Will any of them work as long as they are the same height?

d4a2n0k
01/23/2006, 11:01 AM
The Oceanus has the typical standard issue DI cartridge which can be ordered from anywhere.

I would go to one of the following:

www.buckeyefieldsupply.com
www.airwaterice.com

Both are reputable companies and Im sure they both know about ARS's problems by now. Explain what you have and Im sure one of them can help you.

Its a shame about ARS, I also was very happy with their service in the past. Hope the owner pulls through.

integlikewhoa
01/23/2006, 11:22 AM
Make sure you buy a refillable one.

Nabber86
01/23/2006, 02:20 PM
Buckeye Supply is the absolute best for replacement cartridges, carbon, and replace resin (bulk).

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/

Ralistin
01/23/2006, 03:02 PM
Thanks guys. I ordered from them via PayPal. I was unable to reach them via phone and left a voicemail that was not returned. I just hope they ship fairly fast. I would like to get the di cartridge in 7-10 days tops.

I ordered from Buckeye......