PDA

View Full Version : Bad to add Carpet Anenome with Corals?

artdoesart
01/24/2006, 04:44 PM
Hi,

i was wondering if it was ok to add a carpet to a tank with mostly SPS and a few LPS corals. rightnow i am using 2 florescent lights and one set of compacts but i have a set of 250w hamilton (20k bulbs) hylides on stand by. will this current set up as well as my future set up with the hylides be ok for the carpet and will it co-exist with the corals well?

Thanks.

mikeguerrero
01/24/2006, 06:08 PM
How big is yoru reef tank? Do you have a location for the carpet, room to grow preferably in the sand bed next to some rocks?

Mike G

argus
01/24/2006, 08:27 PM
mine is with all of those not really a problem my experence with carpets is they do not move as much as others just make sure you pick a good place to start with,but i guess if he does move look out sting can be bad im told. if you could set up tank so anomone would be near bottom say sand bed or lower rocks and keep nothing on that level for a while so if he moves hed just skim along bottom rocks(hopefully) yes youll need mh lighting ecspecially if hes on the bottom of tank. give him room to grow they get large.