PDA

View Full Version : downsizing. need help

Scoobaman17
01/24/2006, 05:31 PM
I finally got my current 2006 24 gallon nano cube in today. So now I need to ask these questions..

I want to do a nice clean transfer from my 75 reef to my 24. Most of the 75 reef will be going to my dads office but a portion I want to keep in a nano.

What I need to know is can I do a basic water change of 24 gallons from my 75 and put that straight into my 24 or would that be too much of a water change on the 75?

Last thing is the live sand. Can I just take the sand I need from my 75 or should I get new sand? I have plenty in my 75 but I don't want to do something I'm not supposed to.

Once I get the sand/water/rock I need into the nano I will run it for a few days to a week to make sure everything is how it should be so I can transfer what I want from my 75 and then take that tank to my dads office.

Thanks for responces. I could really use the help before I kill something I don't want to.
~Chase

Scoobaman17
01/25/2006, 12:52 AM
bump

wrott
01/25/2006, 01:18 AM
a 33% WC is not too much, and I would add new sand to nano--add existing rock from 75 and give it a couple of days before adding animals--maybe fish first--feed sparingly and test NO2.

Scoobaman17
01/25/2006, 03:11 PM
Someone said to get new sand but to use some of my top layer of sand to "seed" the rest. How does this sound? also how much sand to use????