PDA

View Full Version : What is my anenome's problem?!!!!

xian3000
01/25/2006, 01:14 PM
My anenome is a brat. He was settle nicely in the sand next to a piece of bone coral for abut a week. He just recently decided to glide up to the filter and get half his tentacles stuck in the intake tube. I have to shut down the filter and lay the tube in the sand until he's ready to come out. Then he does it again later. Is the filter pullin him in? And just now he is floating and swirling around the tank aimlessly not interested in attaching to anything. What do I do? HELP PLEASE!

Mud Shrimp Moe
01/25/2006, 01:43 PM
You anemone is floating around because it's not healthy, not because it's a "brat."

Would help to know what species and what type of tank you have, what kind of lights, how old your tank is, etc.

xian3000
01/25/2006, 03:24 PM
yeah I have a 55 gallon tank with power compact lighting. the tank has been running for five months now. levels are good.

clown fanatic
01/25/2006, 03:30 PM
what exaclty is "good" and wattage on your tank do you have?

xian3000
01/25/2006, 03:36 PM
levels are zero'd and my compact are 270 watts.

Amphiprion
01/25/2006, 04:43 PM
You have zero salinity? EEKS. Just kidding, however, it would be helpful to include more info than just "zero" as far as nitrogenous wastes and phosphates go. We are looking for some more concrete numbers for all the parameters you can test for. As far as lighting goes, that is sufficient. But how often are you feeding it? Try to feed at least 2 times a week--preferably more for an unhealthy anemone. When an anemone detaches like that it isn't happy with the environment at all. These anemones typically prefer a rock crevice to sink their foot into. Try providing that in addition to food, light, etc.