PDA

View Full Version : Worm ID, Emerald Green

michaelm2431
01/25/2006, 03:22 PM
Hi. Need to know if this is a bad worm or good worm. I didn't have a camera to capture it's picture. I took a 5 second video, but cant upload it, so I'll try describing it: It was emerald green in color with a whitish band around it's neck. About 5-6 inches long, round and skinny. I didnt get a good look at it's head. It was out in the daylight, crawling from one hole to the other in my reef tank. If you'se have any pictures, I might be able to ID it that way. It was a pretty nice color green, so I hope it's a good worm. Thanks for any Help at all. Mike

LeslieH
01/25/2006, 04:21 PM
That's a common color pattern for some species of Eunice, a group of polychaetes that's usually called bobbitt worms in the trade. Smaller eunicids are scavengers & micro-predators & are considered reefsafe. As long as there's enough food the rest of your tank inhabitants should be okay but the big eunicids will go after a lot of different critters if they're hungry.

michaelm2431
01/25/2006, 04:27 PM
Thank you LeslieH. I feel relieved that I dont have to break my tank down to search for him. Now I wish it comes out more often so I can enjoy the pretty coloring. Thanks again. Mike