PDA

View Full Version : A sebae gravid??

maww
01/26/2006, 05:44 PM
here's a rather poor pic of my sebae pair. I have only had them a few months. The female has grown quite a bit, but is still fairly small- only 3 inches. Over the past few weeks, she has gotten quite plump, and her boytoy has been cleaning the glass behind their carpet. Could she actually be gravid at this small size, or is she just fat (eats like a pig!) ?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/15222Asebae1.jpg

JHardman
01/26/2006, 06:00 PM
Wow, someone that actually has a A. sebae and one that looks rather grvid too.

MarinaP
01/26/2006, 06:16 PM
I agree with John :)

I would figure out a way of suspending a tile over the spot that the male is cleaning.

maww
01/26/2006, 07:08 PM
Thanks. Maybe I'll give it a go. It should be very easy to place in a tile- I'll just have to rest it against the back of the tank. He has been cleaning the glass on either side of the anemone. Should I let them lay a few clutches first ( if they are really going to do it). Give me a chance to get a rearing setup in place, and give them a practice run or 2.

ezhoops
01/26/2006, 09:16 PM
good luck, always nice to see an uncommon species being attempted to breed.

maww
01/27/2006, 06:18 AM
well, she is svelt as a supermodel this morning, but alas no sign of eggs. Hope she wasn't just really constipated! I am going to put in a tile for them anyway.
I am really surprised by this. The pair is sharing a tank with my brown clown and her sandaracinos boyfriend. I would have thought a gravid female would evict any neighboring clowns- she doesn't bother with the other pair at all. The sebaes have a haddoni carpet to call home, the brown has a ritteri which is literally inches above the carpet. I am in the slow process of setting up a new tank for them, and hoped they might breed once on their own. Guess I'm going to have to speed up on the new tank.