PDA

View Full Version : Odyssea Metal Halide (I need opinions)

DrBones
01/26/2006, 06:00 PM
I just ordered an Odyssea 48 inch 350W with 2 96k Actinic Power Compacts w/ 6 moon lights for my 90 Gal. I would really like some honest feedback. I cannot afford the 750-1000 lighting systems but want to give my corals some better light and I like the moon light addition. I would just like to get some fair feedback. Thanks.

dunham16
01/26/2006, 06:09 PM
i purchased one and i regret doing it. I was looking to save a few bucks and it was a mistake because i could have put this money toward a good set up. I have had the fixture for about 6 months and after about 2 months the actinics have stopped working and cannot figure out why the MH do still work but sometimes they are very noisy you can hear the hum of the ballast and also the fans are very loud. if you can cancel the order and put your money into better light set up.

flame goby
01/26/2006, 06:34 PM
I hate to say this but I was going to purchase an Odysea system identical to the one you hav eordered and decided against it. I did a bit of research and found there to be out of every 100 units 2 might work well and the other 98 would have problems.. A friend of mine went and bought one even though I told him the negatives and after the 1st day the ballast fried on him and now he is "trying" to get a new one from the company that sold it to him.
Like Dunham16 said if you can cancel th eorder go ahead and cancel it and if you want to save a few bux then get a retro kit and put a hood together yourself or buy a used one. tThis is JMO though.
Good luck.

DrBones
01/26/2006, 06:43 PM
Well so far I'm getting a bad feeling about this. However I bought it through a local dealer who has had one in his shop running for 3 years although it's not the same model I bought. Maybe I'll get lucky.

mrcool
01/26/2006, 06:49 PM
i have three oddysea lights although they are not a high quality unit i have had no problems so far however I've only had them maybe a month even though I've had no problems because of everybody else's I would probably buy a retro kit for the money