PDA

View Full Version : Korrallin Kalkreactor help!

Fish'nforinfo
01/27/2006, 02:34 PM
I purchased a Korrallin Kalkreactor and have been trying to adjust it for a few weeks.

Problem: I can not get a consistent bubble rate

What is happening: In an 8 hour period the CO2 Bubble rate will drop off and the chamber will fill with about 2 inches of air or CO2. It appears that bubbles (1/16 - 1/* SIZE) are filtering through the Calcuim Carbonate media and accumulating at the top of the chamber. I noticed that when the bubbles release from the media it causes the bubble counter to fluctuate.

I thought it might be micro bubbles but if I turn off the C02 and let it run with just the small micro pump feeding the Reactor with water the 2 inch air gap in the chamber is gone and no bubbles are coming up through the Calcium Carbonate media.

One other thing I noticed. Is the sound of the CO2 getting cut up by the pump. It sound like the pump may be cutting up CO2 or Air even though the CO2 bubble counter is not bubbling. Maybe coming from the air pocket in the chamber?

Lastly are bubbles suppost to be coming up through the Calcium Carbonate media? A rate of 1 per second.

Any Information would be greatly appreciated.

tom obrecht
01/27/2006, 02:41 PM
Drop Dragonslayer a PM. He helped me on these issues.

Fish'nforinfo
01/27/2006, 02:45 PM
how do I contact him?

Ereefic
01/27/2006, 03:43 PM
Check out this thread. You post in it...........he will come. :)

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=699686

Fish'nforinfo
01/27/2006, 04:03 PM
thanks