PDA

View Full Version : 96 watt PC flickering - Not the bulb !!!!!

JackRent
01/27/2006, 07:37 PM
I have an Outer Orbit fixture that is about 8 months old and 4 days ago the front 96 watt actinic began flickering as if it was on its way out. I bought two new bulbs and the lamp will not fire either bulb completely. It is as if the lamp fires it only half way if that makes sense. I know it is not the bulb as I tried both new bulbs and the old bulb in the other PC lamp and they all fire up just fine. The halide has no issues either. What is my problem here ? Anyone have this issue with Current fixtures ? I am concerned it is the ballast. I took the fixture apart to check for loose wiring and found none.

Thanks.

2crazyreefers
01/27/2006, 07:45 PM
Current has a big problem with the ballast, I know of about 10 issues alone with my friends in the last few months. GOOD LUCK trying to deal with Current everything Ive heard they will not help. I would suggest contacting the LFS store or online vendor you purchased this from because they have a one year garentee on these fixtures. My friends did get replacement ballast in about 6 weeks.