PDA

View Full Version : Am I Alone!

corals b 4 bills
01/28/2006, 01:07 AM
My wife thinks its strange that I stay up untill all hours reading reef central forums. That I have several fish mags in the bathroom cabinet (good read), I find any excuse to go to the LFS because If I don't go the tank will suffer in someway (she knows lots of time, money, effort, ect) will be wasted. I buy new skimmer and act as if It's not driving me crazy not being able to install it when I get it home.Stareing into a dark tank at 1 in the morning hopeing to find somesort of evil coral killing villian before he completes his plans to take over the tank! Anybody have this problem? .....Or just me?

Wiggawam
01/28/2006, 02:10 AM
Not alone at all, but luckily my gal is a reefer too!

leeweber85
01/28/2006, 02:33 AM
haha, I think we all are like that here at RC....now at home, I'm pretty much all alone with the exception of my younger neighbor that I transformed into salt.

Pleco420
01/28/2006, 02:48 AM
I think it is a pre-requisite to getting serious about the hobby......

My mission is to catch whatever is annoying my zoo colonies (No Nudis to my knowledge)

petermai
01/28/2006, 07:23 AM
i'm there...

scrmbld33
01/28/2006, 07:32 AM
you are not alone

doody
01/28/2006, 07:44 AM
You are not alone. I blame this hobby for me being single.

aurorafish
01/28/2006, 07:48 AM
Whenever mine get on me about the reef tank, i just mention her shoe addiction and all is forgiven.

Sindjin
01/28/2006, 07:52 AM
I suffer from the same psychosis. Reeferholism.
Im really not sure what my wife thinks....I think she took our daughter and left a few weeks ago or something...not quite sure.
But I do know that one of my emerald crabs molted last night around 9:07pm.

:) j/k

seamay
01/28/2006, 07:57 AM
I feel your pain Brother of the reef,...I have a baby due in may which I still havent found the time to look through the books to pick out the perfect name yet, somehow, I realized through careful planning and much research, that I needed to buy that T,Crocea last night and spend agonizing aclimation time and minor re-aranging time to put him in the perfect spot....NO you are not alone

TJ
01/28/2006, 07:58 AM
definitely not alone- to say it's an obsession is an understatement. Our local reef clubs- feels like going to AA, except it's to FEED the habit, not supress it. :)

Pandora
01/28/2006, 08:18 AM
Welcome to the club, my friend. Though I don't know if there being many of us lets any of it qualify as "normality". :)

furforfour
01/28/2006, 09:18 AM
I would recommend you get a divorce and put aquariums in all the areas where your wife kept her stuff.

LadyReefNeck
01/28/2006, 09:36 AM
My hubby was like you corals b 4 bills, since his tank was in the bedroom and I hardly ever saw him unless I walked in there. (Note my RC name) lol So now I frequent the forums, reading articles, etc. so that I can try to get a grasp on how his brain functions .. hee hee hee ( I know! I'll never succeed!) ... and why he's always wanting to go to the LFS. You are definitely not alone!

ReefNeck
01/28/2006, 09:41 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6608398#post6608398 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReefneckWidow
My hubby was like you corals b 4 bills, since his tank was in the bedroom and I hardly ever saw him unless I walked in there. (Note my RC name) lol So now I frequent the forums, reading articles, etc. so that I can try to get a grasp on how his brain functions .. hee hee hee ( I know! I'll never succeed!) ... and why he's always wanting to go to the LFS. You are definitely not alone!

Yea, And she failed to mention that she now has her own 29G Reef that she stares into all the time not counting the time she spends in the middle of the night peering into both Reef Tanks with a flashlight and getting excited when she sees something new. :D

NoSchwag
01/28/2006, 10:20 AM
My girlfriend resents my tank and reef central.

boxfishpooalot
01/28/2006, 10:27 AM
mine is a reefer also! Spending 600bucks on a wavebox means nothing to her!

I also stay up late reading RC..... Im going to start selling RC caffine pills to stay up later :lol: -to pay for this hobby.

Sindjin
01/28/2006, 10:59 AM
Oh by the way...

I bought my wife the Reef Central G-String!
She wont let me post a pic though.

ReefNeck
01/28/2006, 11:05 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6608854#post6608854 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Sindjin
Oh by the way...

I bought my wife the Reef Central G-String!
She wont let me post a pic though.

I'm going to order one for my wife.....She said I COULD post pics!

OUCH....OUCH....Ok, Ok....She didn't really say that! :rolleye1:

LadyReefNeck
01/28/2006, 11:09 AM
:blown: :blown: :blown:

skippysmind
01/28/2006, 11:18 AM
If you don't feel this way you don't have the commitment to Keep a reef in the first place.

Pandora
01/28/2006, 11:55 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6608423#post6608423 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ReeferMadnessFl
Yea, And she failed to mention that she now has her own 29G Reef that she stares into all the time not counting the time she spends in the middle of the night peering into both Reef Tanks with a flashlight and getting excited when she sees something new. :D

Teehee... reefing couples who go on RC to outpost each other are so cute. :D

moses13
01/28/2006, 12:04 PM
My wife calls the tank my "other woman".

mcox33
01/28/2006, 12:56 PM
Hubby doesn't understand at all. But he now has a nano and if I can get him involved in deciding what goes into it, well he says go ahead I don't feel like doing that stuff right now. Then when I am finished he wants to know why I stacked the rock the way I did. LOL he could have done it himself. But at least he ask why

Tammy3770
01/28/2006, 01:09 PM
my husband say's its neglect.
I have 3 forums I browse, and I get annoyed when there isnt any thing I can post.I try to go to bed when he does, I usually end up getting up an hour later and logging on to RC.
It was his Idea to got the reef, now he doesn't do a thing to it.
If something needs to be adjusted in the tank he points it out to me then says he cant do it cause "his hands are dirty" but does he go to wash them? NO! he just sits there.

I do all of it.The cleaning, testing, fragging, researching, buying, catching, arranging, doseing, treating. But he gets mad if I use the phrase "My tank"

meanwhile he's at the LFS with me (on the rare occasions that he goes) saying "allergy" insted of "algae"

corals b 4 bills
01/28/2006, 05:55 PM
My wife loves the tank, loves to go to the lfs, but she is 9 months pregnant with my future reefer partner (ah, I can see it now.....Two against one) . Shes going to love it i'm sure.

corals b 4 bills
01/29/2006, 12:47 AM
Reading these posts just brings a tear to my eye. What time is it anyways, Wife is asleep means more info from the forum, Mothers milk!

sbgreen
01/29/2006, 02:57 AM
girlfriend thought I had lost my mind when i found the gorilla crab sifting through the sand then frantically posted pics at midnight to find out what to do. i was a newbie, still am I spose. She had no idea how important that was.

now all my fish have names....i think she is liking it more and more.

fish names -

green clown goby - "greenga"
clown - "Kip" we had "Lafonda" but she died
Flasher Wrasse - "Deb"