PDA

View Full Version : What do I use to secure Frogspawn to a piece of rock?

mmotown
01/28/2006, 08:51 PM
Had sone frog spawn I need to secure to a pice of rock. I had some putty like stuff that didn't bond well. Any suggestions?

cw150
01/28/2006, 09:08 PM
Generally not advisable to putty softies. If you have to putty anything, use the plumber's putty that comes in stick form at Home Depot.

szwab
01/28/2006, 09:32 PM
i've had mixed luck using putty. if the branch is long enough drill ahole in the roack and stick it in. if you do use the putty make sure both surfaces are clean . Helps to take a toothbush and scrub the spot a bit to clear it off. or there is always the old faithful... superglue (gel type)

ItsMee
01/28/2006, 10:54 PM
I have a baby frogspawn frag on a little plug. This plug has grown long red hair algae like mad (hasnt spread anywhere else yet) so I would like to re-locate the frag and throw away the plug. I havnt been able to pluck the hair out or scrub it off without it growing back in a matter of 24 hours. What is the best way to remove, and then attach a frogspawn?
]

szwab
01/29/2006, 01:14 AM
a decent sized glob of superglue should do the trick the thicer the superglue the better. there is also a product out called mr sticky's underwater glue. I have not used it but looks to be like a liquid 2 part epoxy. might be worth a try.

ItsMee
01/29/2006, 01:19 AM
How do I remove it from the plug? The frogspawn is about the size of a penny.

szwab
01/29/2006, 01:57 AM
assuming there is a decent amount of skeleton use a knife to carefully pop it off. it would probably be best (less traumatic) if you would try and give the plug a couple good scrubs and see if you can remove the algea. hard to say without seeig a pic of your coral.

usmcsgt
01/29/2006, 04:13 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6612313#post6612313 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cw150
Generally not advisable to putty softies. If you have to putty anything, use the plumber's putty that comes in stick form at Home Depot.

Frogspawn isnt a softie its LPS

ItsMee
01/29/2006, 05:18 PM
I just accidently broke the calcium-based part in three pieces. Is it likely any of them will survive? The calcium part was a little smaller than a penny.

szwab
01/29/2006, 05:25 PM
hard to say i would place it back in thetank where it will not get disturbed and wait and see what happens.