PDA

View Full Version : euroreef question

xdusty6920
01/29/2006, 02:08 AM
well i bought a euro reef used. i went ahead and hooked it up in my sump and plumbed all around it nice and snuggly. after the job was done and gave it some juice and the skimmate is WAY to wet. obviously i need to adjust the neck a bit higher. but since i have no instructions i was wondering whats the best way to adjust the necks height before i go taking my plumbing apart to get the euroreef out and adjust it.

dots
01/29/2006, 02:33 AM
There is a euroreef forum on the site so the experts opinion may vary.

I have a 6-1 and it says to use it in 4-6 inches of water.
It will act crazy after adding new salt or epoxy and some other things. ie boil over.

Though I have seen some say to give the standpipe an inch from the bottom and let it get dirty to rise, I find it best to raise it all the way until the water level is about level with the bottom of the collection cup, and let it froth over from there. Obviously from system to system this will vary. Mine is sitting in 6" of water, but I suggest consulting the "Experts".

xdusty6920
01/29/2006, 05:03 AM
mines in about 8 inches of water at the moment. however i was running it in fresh saltwater. should i raise the skimmer up a few inches or just leave it as is and let the water "age" some before adjusting it?

Jim_S
01/29/2006, 05:30 AM
Did you add any water conditioner? That stuff will make your skimmer go crazy.

Jim

Pesce
01/29/2006, 05:50 AM
I'm running a ES5-2. Everytime I clean it it boils over for about half a day with the riser at the lowest poisition. This is normal. I would leave things alone and let it "age" as you say. The unit needs to build up a skim layer over the acrylic before it really kicks in and produces.

JW Jersey
01/29/2006, 11:12 AM
You deed to push the neck down to get less skimate. Some times a new filter sock will make my skimmer go crazy.