PDA

View Full Version : skimmer question

Dustin Hale
01/29/2006, 09:45 AM
Ive got a aqua remora pro and had it for about 6 months . its running on a 60gl. and dosent seem to be pulling alot out any thoughts?

Matthew C
01/29/2006, 10:12 AM
Are there any mods you can do to it? I know some skimmers you can make a hole in the top of the skimmer collection cup, and put an airline tube with one of those fizzing wood blocks down it. This adds more quality bubbles and it turn can help out efficiency. I am not to familiar with the ramora pro but this works for alot of different skimmers. After six months it should def be broken in. It might not work for yours, like I said I am not familiar with that skimmer.

Jim_S
01/29/2006, 01:23 PM
Remoras just aren't that good. I would look into a new skimmer.

Jim

supertech3
01/29/2006, 01:40 PM
Have you tried to clean out the pump? Mine was giving a lot less skimate so I cleaned out the pump and while I was at it also dumped out the skimmer and cleaned it also. I had to adjust the collection cup level after that because it was also giving me a wetter skimate.

thereefmaster
01/29/2006, 04:03 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6616276#post6616276 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jimdogg187
Remoras just aren't that good. I would look into a new skimmer.

Jim

:confused: :confused: :confused: My Remora kicked butt. I think they are mostly hit and miss, unfortunately. My Coralife SS 220 that I recently bought is better than anything I have tried however. Might wanna look into it.