PDA

View Full Version : 2 simple questions.

SW1TCH
01/29/2006, 03:25 PM
Would a Zebra eel, Golden tail eel, Bursa trigger Hawaiian black trigger and a Dog face puffer be over stocking a 210 galon? And would they all get along?

NorthFace
01/29/2006, 03:54 PM
Sounds like a great tank!

Make sure you have some heavy filtration, including an oversized skimmer.

You may have problems with the Dog Faced picking at the eels...they're known to pick at slow moving, bottom dwelling things, but it may not be a problem. You'll just have to wait and keep an eye on them.

Petstorejunkie
01/29/2006, 09:27 PM
sounds great!
pick your puffer by personality and you should be fine.

SW1TCH
01/30/2006, 10:51 AM
Ok cool thanks for the replys.

Grouperhead
01/30/2006, 12:38 PM
It should be fine. The main thing I would be concerned with would be how the triggers and puffer get along. I have seen many triggers and puffers live happily ever after, but I've also seen triggers absolutely terrorize puffers - especially dogfaces. I'd make sure the puffer was bigger than the bursa especially. Triggers are inquisitive by nature, and that can sometimes turn to aggression. Goldentail eels don't get nearly as big as zebras, but they should still be alright together - just make sure you have plenty of rockwork, etc. for them to have their own area. If anything, I think you may be understocked, which is always a plus :)

SW1TCH
01/30/2006, 01:09 PM
So far my bursa dont bother anyone but he is only 2.5 inches big he is also with two blue/green chromis's that i started the tank with. The three of them swim togather "not shure if the trigger thinks he is a chromis or if the chromis's thinks they are triggers?". But i will get a dog face that is at least twice the triggers size. It was a toss up between the dog face or a Blue griddle angel. I was thinking of geting about 125lbs of base rock than adding about 50lbs of good rock for color. Of course it would be very big peices of rock so the eels cant knock them over. Also will have pvc in the tank for the eels.

SW1TCH
02/01/2006, 12:35 AM
Has anyone ever keeped a Naso tang and triggers in the same tank? was thier any problems.

jda
02/01/2006, 12:11 PM
Naso should be fine. They grow fast and get big, so don't plan on having it forever. Try and find a good home for it (when it outgrows your setup) before you get it.

If a dogface is not agressive enough, check out a gunea fowl or golden puffer. They have plenty of attitude for most triggers.

SW1TCH
02/01/2006, 12:17 PM
I did not realize a naso would out grow the 210. Its not that the dog face isnt agereesive enough i was wanting to add a brightly colored fish like a naso tang or a Blue gridle angel to the tank.

jda
02/01/2006, 12:23 PM
Genicanthus Angelfish and Bristletooth tangs are pretty fish that should be fine in a 210 for a lifetime. Check them out.

Tuskfish are colorful and could work well too.

EDIT - all of these are also active swimmers, good eaters and good tankmates.

SW1TCH
02/01/2006, 01:02 PM
I didnt care for the Genicanthus angel The Bristletooth was cool loking. What about putting a Chevron tang in the 210? Them are realy cool looking?

jda
02/01/2006, 01:42 PM
There are many genicanthus and many bristletooths. Chevron is a cool tang, but they turn olive/brown as adults and don't stay orange. My favorite bristletooth is a mimic tang, but it is not too colorful.