PDA

View Full Version : my skimer is not working. please, help

BadRoma1
01/29/2006, 07:18 PM
my skimer doesn't make enough bubbles to make it into the cup. i've tryed many things; i changed the air tube because it was comming off and letting water in. now it's nice and tide and air flows in without a problem, but it stil doesn't collect any dirt. i had different amounts of air flow; i had it fully opened, half opened, less than a half opened, but still nothing. what can be wrong?

rsteagall
01/29/2006, 07:49 PM
Maybe you don't have any organics to take out?

I ran my old school diatomagic filter yesterday. Guess what... I have no skimmate today. :P

d.can82
01/29/2006, 07:56 PM
What kind of skimmer is it? How long has it been running? Different brands take different time lengths to 'break in' before you start getting stink.

BadRoma1
01/29/2006, 08:06 PM
i'm not sure what brand it is, but i've had it for about a year. it hasn't been able to get any dirt for few days now. i run it all the time. it came with the biofilter when i bought it, but it looks like just about any skimer that i've seen around here, which wouldn't be too many. it's a small skimer and i always have dirt in it from sea weed that i way over feed to my tang and a blenny. but i haven't been getting anything for several days now. thak you guys for fast respond anyway. i'll check back again in a few.

d.can82
01/29/2006, 08:34 PM
Try cleaning out the pump and air intake really well. Sounds like that might be the fix.

BadRoma1
01/29/2006, 08:46 PM
just did that few days ago. i'll do that just in case again tomorrow. the stuff was dirty, meybe i missed some dirt.

rsteagall
01/29/2006, 09:53 PM
I mean... if its producing bubbles and moving water, but no head is collecting... you probably don't have anything to collect.

Don't be upset that your water isn't dirty. :)

BadRoma1
01/30/2006, 03:15 PM
today it stoped producing bubbles almost completely.