PDA

View Full Version : Halide/PC Question

zenzence
01/30/2006, 10:28 PM
I was looking at the Reeflux web site, its that time for new bulbs. Perhaps I am missunderstanding this company but, are they saying I dont need to use my PC Actinics if I use their 10000k blub? Can a Halide bulb alone compare to the color provided by the combination of pcs and halides together?

"The ReefLux offers you the highest PAR rating without having to flood your aquarium with high powered fluorescent blue bulbs."

HMMMM

James77
01/31/2006, 12:15 AM
The reeflux 10k bulbs are a crisp white with a hint of blue- there is no yellow, so you don't really need actinics. I still use actinics on my tank to fluoresce the coral and add a little more blue.

zenzence
01/31/2006, 08:49 AM
So I take it you really like the bulbs, Whos got em

electric130
01/31/2006, 12:01 PM
i have never seen a MH bulb that can acheive what actinics can. not even 20k's. 20k's are blue, but they don't have the fluorescence power that actinics do. also, unless you already own the PC's, don't waste your money on them. PC's are the WORST for actinics. Best is VHO's with T5's next and PC's are a distant dead last. i say this from experience with VHO's, T5's, PC's, and NO's.