PDA

View Full Version : moonlight LEDs not working while other bulbs are?

hubes1
01/30/2006, 11:19 PM
Hey there,

I picked up a Coralife Aqualight Pro and love the fixture (MH/PC + LED). During a tank move this past weekend, I left the lights out in the garage for a night and brought them into today. Unfortunately, the LEDs don't seem to light up anymore even though the MH and PCs are working fine. Anyone have any ideas on what might have happened or what to do?

Thanks in advance!
hubert

ERICinFL
01/31/2006, 12:20 AM
Since the LEDs run off 12v DC, a simple $4 test light from an auto parts store could help. Simply plug the LEDs in and poke the test light into the wire at the base of the fixture to see if you're getting power at the fixture. If you aren't, the transformer could be bad. If you do get power to the fixture, I'd send it in for warranty work. Good luck.

Ironsheikh
01/31/2006, 09:04 AM
yeah I think I read something that they unplug easily inside the fixture, but opening it up voids the warranty

Therbligs
01/31/2006, 10:27 AM
Did you try cleaning the contacting surfaces? By moving the light, you may have uncovered a future film/oxidation issue with the power adapter connection to the unit. Also check that the power adapter is putting out the voltage, because these power adapters use very thin conductors. Sometimes if you move the wire by the starinreleaf, you can get the LED's to power up.

I would check this before opening the unit.