PDA

View Full Version : What else do I need?

AvalancheZ71
01/31/2006, 10:58 AM
I have a 90 gallon tank set into my wall with a 40 gallon sump/fuge underneath. The return pump pumps 600gph, I also have a fluval 404 canister filter(mostly for water flow, but I add carbon on occasion) and two other smaller pumps, I'm not sure what the total GPH is, but the flow looks good.

I have a 4x65w PC light and a 250 MH for light in the main tank and a 30w florescent for the sump. I also have a cheap Jebo protein skimmer in the sump that seems to be working pretty good(I may be wrong).

Anyway, I added a DSB about a month ago and replaced my Rubbermaid sump with a 40 gallon tank. The tank has been cycling for a while and I am ready to start adding more to it, I have a bit for green hair algae that was on some of my live rock, but I moved it to the sump and removed what I could by hand. I also just got an emerald crab to help with is what is left.

I want a clam or two as well as an anemone and some clowns. I'm not sure of what kind of corals I can grow, any suggestions? Also is there anything else I should get for my tank?

idua
01/31/2006, 12:30 PM
I think you are on the right path. All you need now is some patience for your system to stabilize and mature a little so I would probably wait with the clam and anemone. You may want to consider a bigger/better skimmer. Jebo may not be sufficient to for a tank of this size.

Keep an eye on your water parameters. Amonia, nitrites and nitrates. Once amonia and nitrites go down to 0 get some macro algae for your sump and soon after nitrites should go down to 0 as well. Once you get there you can start adding some live stock.

SerLunchbox
01/31/2006, 04:23 PM
i agree. The Jebo will be too weak for that system from what i have read.