PDA

View Full Version : Feeding

thekidace
01/31/2006, 01:50 PM
Just curious to see how often people feed. I have a 55G fish only tank and usually feed (flakes, pellets, brine, etc) 1x per day but usually skip 1 during the week. I just have a couple of clowns and triggers. I have also read somewhere that a fishs stomach is about as big as there eye; which I guess is a tip to avoid overfeeding. I have never run into a problem but am just curious to see what others do.

BlueCorn
01/31/2006, 02:05 PM
I feed once daily. They always act like they're starving when I walk up to the tank so I'm sure that they'd appreciate another.

TekCat
01/31/2006, 02:13 PM
IMO, you're fine with your schedule. Some prefer to feed more frequently, but use smaller portions. It depends on the species. Some graze all day long ...bite here, bite there... so, like you said main thing is never to overfeed.

SerLunchbox
01/31/2006, 04:20 PM
From my research of feeding fish, i have found that the digestive tract of most fish is EXTREMELY slow. I currently only feed once every other day. I find it also helps with that whole "overfeeding" issue.

BlackOnyx
01/31/2006, 05:58 PM
depends what ya got and what you plan to have. Some fish need 3 feedings a day others 3 feeds a week.